Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids posing as hackers...

Kids posing as hackers...

There are kids in 6th grade at my school who get a password by watching that person type it in, and they say they are the greatest hacker. They claim they "hacked" that person. If someone gets on their screen name they say they got "hacked" because someone went on their screen name. What to do with these kids? It is pathetic.

They're in sixth grade, give them a bit of leeway...most kids don't even know what TCP/IP is anyway and probably never will, they just want to look cool
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

well if they are "hacking" you, for your pass word type in "wow_you)kids.Are*lame*"
    Won't they feel like asses = )
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

Aren't sixth graders like 10 or something? I think sixth grade is like the American equivalent of our "fourth class".
    I said my dad was in the army when I was that age. Ah, good time. *sniff*

Could be a little overboard with this but kidz will be kids, but I would explain that what they are doing is not good, and give them somthing constructive to do.
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

Type in your password as:

"Quit it, you little ****, I know you're watching me."

Then turn around, look carefully around, and hunch over and enter the real thing :P

Or... if you could set up your account so that when you log in it runs a program... (Novell startup scripts?) then you could have one that flashes a big "INTRUSION DETECTED. THIS ATTEMPT HAS BEEN LOGGED. PLEASE REPORT TO THE MAIN OFFICE IMMEDIATELY. YOUR IDENTITY IS BEING CONFIRMED NOW..."
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

really , no matter how they got your password if they logon to your account...you have been hacked. watching for a password, brute force, social engineering or guessing it from the items on your desk….you’ve been hacked.

How embarrassing would that be? Hacked by a 6th grader. and you couldn't even call them script kiddies.

i know! i know! as long as they let you know and didn't cause any damage you've been hacked. otherwise you've been cracked.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Terr

Or... if you could set up your account so that when you log in it runs a program... (Novell startup scripts?) then you could have one that flashes a big "INTRUSION DETECTED. THIS ATTEMPT HAS BEEN LOGGED. PLEASE REPORT TO THE MAIN OFFICE IMMEDIATELY. YOUR IDENTITY IS BEING CONFIRMED NOW..." [/B]
    That would be sweet!! Did something like that to a couple of kids at the University library years ago. They thought that they could just come in and start playing games (the day before I instituted the NT policy). I auto-shutdown their computers remotely, with a tidy little message about security being dispatched. I've never seen little ones run so fast.......
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

Originally posted here by DarkGuardian

That would be sweet!! Did something like that to a couple of kids at the University library years ago. They thought that they could just come in and start playing games (the day before I instituted the NT policy). I auto-shutdown their computers remotely, with a tidy little message about security being dispatched. I've never seen little ones run so fast.......
    An AWESOME LART. What a RIOT

I suck at thoes shooters but one of the developers has a server running 24/7 and the admins and helpdesk goof off most of the time while I sit back and learn that the admin who left last week for another job left his password active and it matches his username (dumb***) so I give the new (goofing off ) admin a new desktop to look at and sent him a spoofed e-mail CC,ed to HR.

Were friends now but he didnt think that was so funny.
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.