Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worm_klez.h

AutoUpdates come in handy in this world of evolving viruses...
    And what about heuristic scanning? Wouldn't it discover a mere variant of a known virus or is it only a gimmick?
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

AutoUpdates come in handy in this world of evolving viruses...
    And what about heuristic scanning? Wouldn't it discover a mere variant of a known virus or is it only a gimmick?
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

My Personal mail is averaging just over 2 per day over the past 2 weeks.

well i got like 20 emails of it and i opened one of them but i have noticd nothing new or any laggin i got it removed hotmail does it ...it has that norton thing that automtically deletes it i got an email fomr norton saying they removed it
    not sure what was said here.. (trying not to ridicule the writer)..
    Though I heard some Semi wise words regarding e-Mail viruses - and that is let MSN or Yahoo worry about the Virus scann.. only prob is I thought they only scanned the attachments.. Have they taken to checking for Mal-Scripts in the html of the messages themselves now?

Oh and Scorp.. Heuristics seem to work on some varients.. but not a 100%.. But then what in this world is 100%..

Cheers Glenn
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Maybe I am wrong, but I always thought even though your virus definitions may be updated to the second. If the virus hadnt been reported and looked at by Mcaffe/Norton, then it would pass the virus right through. Or can it identified because it has varient 'cousins'? Lemme know, I am confused.

BTW DONT USE OUTLOOK/OUTLOOK EXPRESS!
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    uralooney and preach no i thought so too but i am pretty sure my email was from norton and i sure as hell dont have it installed on my home pc ...i ran the removal tool and it didnt find it so it really did get rid of it ...nortons arms stretch among the wide cyberspace
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

fwiw...i wouldn't trust any email that says it was scanned by anything other than my own scanner...i'm too lazy to look right now...but it wouldn't surprise me if klez has as part of its social engineering a "scanned by norton" line ...whoever coded this thing gave it a large number of tools to make you think its ok like:

returned mail sent by you
    klez removal tool
    faked from addresses

and a bunch more...go read up on it....it's some interesting stuff...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Originally posted here by rasem
    Why don't people just update their anti-viruses? It only takes a few secs of time or maybe a few minutes depending if you are using a modem or not.
    You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize the have to UPDATE their def files. Most people think once they install an anti-virus software, all they have to do is run a scan on their system now and then. It cracks me up because it is like buying a car and never expecting to have to put gas in it or change the oil...lol.

GreekGoddess
    I deserved it, honestly. I disabled Norton so I could play with Netbus and mess with an IRL guy who keeps toying with me (long story no one needs to hear) *LOL*.....He kept freaking out over the keys getting locked up and the cd tray going schitzo on him.....HAHAHAHA God, being a scriptkiddie is sometimes worth it. Flame me if you want....I got mine though. Ack.

Hmmmm.....I wonder if he's ever seen Fatal Attraction..... *twitches and laughs*
    MUAHAHAHAHA

Angry

Speaking of Klez.H, I received a record of 17 Klez-infected emails yesterday.

Toker, Scorp666

Dont know about Norton (wont allow all that hidden registry shenanigens near my system) but mcAffee will pick it up with the updates from february, provided you have the SCAN ALL switch AND Heuristics (All) AND Unknown virus scanning running.
    picks it up no probs.

and if we are playing with stats.....

main delivery: 15 a minute at max period (23-28 april)
    Secondary: a meager 12 an hour.

hardest part is the morphing From line.....Ive grown tired of explaining to users whats going on......
    Who Cares Wins