time to change
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time to change

Banned

time to change

I've been using windows for quite some time now and i'm getting really bored with it. i have been reading about Linux and i think it is time i made the crossover. i don't want to be an 31337 4ax0r or anything, i just want to learn how to program and use Linux. My friend told me to start with mandrake. I know how to partition and all that but if anyone knows any good links to Linux and programming websites it would be very appreciated

Banned

time to change

I've been using windows for quite some time now and i'm getting really bored with it. i have been reading about Linux and i think it is time i made the crossover. i don't want to be an 31337 4ax0r or anything, i just want to learn how to program and use Linux. My friend told me to start with mandrake. I know how to partition and all that but if anyone knows any good links to Linux and programming websites it would be very appreciated

~linux~

www.linuxhelp.net
    www.linuxiso.org
    www.linuxnewbie.org

~programing~

protools.cjb.net
    www.cprogramming.com
    www.vbexplorer.com
    www.programmersheaven.com

hope that helped but if ya need more i gotem but there is also this lil search engine I found out about yesterday i think its www.google.com u should check it out.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

~linux~

www.linuxhelp.net
    www.linuxiso.org
    www.linuxnewbie.org

~programing~

protools.cjb.net
    www.cprogramming.com
    www.vbexplorer.com
    www.programmersheaven.com

hope that helped but if ya need more i gotem but there is also this lil search engine I found out about yesterday i think its www.google.com u should check it out.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Mandrake and RedHat both are excellent distros for the n00b to Linux. It helps with the crossover from Windows to Linux. They both offer ease of management through KDE, Gnome and several other desktop managers that are windowesq. Plus they offer plenty of documentation to get you going. Then they both offer many shell options for the power user. Just follow some of the links the others posted. You'll find them very helpfull.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Mandrake and RedHat both are excellent distros for the n00b to Linux. It helps with the crossover from Windows to Linux. They both offer ease of management through KDE, Gnome and several other desktop managers that are windowesq. Plus they offer plenty of documentation to get you going. Then they both offer many shell options for the power user. Just follow some of the links the others posted. You'll find them very helpfull.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    My personal all-time favorite.. (drumroll please)

www.linuxdoc.org

/me takes a bow.. heh

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    My personal all-time favorite.. (drumroll please)

www.linuxdoc.org

/me takes a bow.. heh