Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XP or 98se?

XP or 98se?

Currently I have WinME, and strongly dislike it. I decided to change, but I am not sure if I should get Win98SE or WinXP . Im running on 98MB RAM, (Will be upgraded soon ) and I don't tend to do any networking or anything like that on it, just personal use. What do you guys recommend?
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

XP or 98se?

Currently I have WinME, and strongly dislike it. I decided to change, but I am not sure if I should get Win98SE or WinXP . Im running on 98MB RAM, (Will be upgraded soon ) and I don't tend to do any networking or anything like that on it, just personal use. What do you guys recommend?
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

I recommend you get Mandrake 8.2 or Red Hat 7.3. But if you must stick with Windows, get Windows XP if you've got the bucks. I used it for a while. The only trouble I had was that WordPerfect would give me some application hangs, and that may have just been Word Perfect and not XP. But, if you want to try something new, the sooner you start, the sooner you can be learning Linux. A good distro will come with office tools, server software, graphics stuff, you name it. Think about it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I recommend you get Mandrake 8.2 or Red Hat 7.3. But if you must stick with Windows, get Windows XP if you've got the bucks. I used it for a while. The only trouble I had was that WordPerfect would give me some application hangs, and that may have just been Word Perfect and not XP. But, if you want to try something new, the sooner you start, the sooner you can be learning Linux. A good distro will come with office tools, server software, graphics stuff, you name it. Think about it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Unless you upgrade your memory go with 98se. But with that amount of memory even that would be pushing it. I strongly suggest you upgrade to at least 256 or more for XP.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Unless you upgrade your memory go with 98se. But with that amount of memory even that would be pushing it. I strongly suggest you upgrade to at least 256 or more for XP.

well if all u want is either 98SE or XP I would go w/ XP I like it but u might want to think about some linux options.

XP=$
    SE= less featuers
    *nix=free

i guess that sums it up somewhat
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

well if all u want is either 98SE or XP I would go w/ XP I like it but u might want to think about some linux options.

XP=$
    SE= less featuers
    *nix=free

i guess that sums it up somewhat
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Lightbulb

Well im a linux man myself. I say go with RedHat Linux 7.3 with a dual boot to Windows 2K Pro. I really don't like Windows Xp it makes you feel like a little kid.
    ((*Bill Gates is Evil*))

TwIsT3D

Lightbulb

Well im a linux man myself. I say go with RedHat Linux 7.3 with a dual boot to Windows 2K Pro. I really don't like Windows Xp it makes you feel like a little kid.
    ((*Bill Gates is Evil*))

TwIsT3D