Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XP or 98se?

i have xp pro since the first day it came out and it is flawless.

the only problem i had at the beginning was the modem driver wern't compatible but i found drivers 2 weeks later and running it with no more problems.

security wise if you get all updates it will fix most of the problems with security.

xp pro has an excellent firewall built in and works to my favor.

the best antivirus is fix it utilities.

mcafee and norton will lock you out from the internet.

xp won't give you blue screen of death.

win 98 is verry buggy and blue screen of death happens even if you get all the updates!!!!!
    I\'LL TRY ANYTHING ONCE IF I LIKE IT I\'LL DO IT AGAIN!?!i!:-)

i have xp pro since the first day it came out and it is flawless.

the only problem i had at the beginning was the modem driver wern't compatible but i found drivers 2 weeks later and running it with no more problems.

security wise if you get all updates it will fix most of the problems with security.

xp pro has an excellent firewall built in and works to my favor.

the best antivirus is fix it utilities.

mcafee and norton will lock you out from the internet.

xp won't give you blue screen of death.

win 98 is verry buggy and blue screen of death happens even if you get all the updates!!!!!
    I\'LL TRY ANYTHING ONCE IF I LIKE IT I\'LL DO IT AGAIN!?!i!:-)

its such a girlie OS
    I couldn't quite find the words to express my feelings about XP.......until now. LMAO
    KapperDog

its such a girlie OS
    I couldn't quite find the words to express my feelings about XP.......until now. LMAO
    KapperDog

Do you want to play games? Then I'd have to say 98SE, it's the only M$ OS I run at home. XP is crap and so is 2000.

If you want it for other stuff (obviously not Internet) then use whatever floats your boat cause it doesn't matter. Attacks, vulnerabilities, etc. etc.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Do you want to play games? Then I'd have to say 98SE, it's the only M$ OS I run at home. XP is crap and so is 2000.

If you want it for other stuff (obviously not Internet) then use whatever floats your boat cause it doesn't matter. Attacks, vulnerabilities, etc. etc.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Newbie
    Stick with se but if u upgrade 1st forget XP, 2k rox. Dont listen to these nix nerds. if u wanted nix u could just get a shell account.

AntiOnline Newbie
    Stick with se but if u upgrade 1st forget XP, 2k rox. Dont listen to these nix nerds. if u wanted nix u could just get a shell account.

[quote]As far as "the other white meat" (linux), I run it on 1 box just to play but, I wouldn't recommend it to most users.[quote]

Hi Kapper,
    I know what you mean. Linux isn't probably for the average, "get on the Internet every couple of days to check e-mail and movie listings" user, but I figured RaDIaToR52 is one of us die hard computer nuts who would take the time to learn it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

[quote]As far as "the other white meat" (linux), I run it on 1 box just to play but, I wouldn't recommend it to most users.[quote]

Hi Kapper,
    I know what you mean. Linux isn't probably for the average, "get on the Internet every couple of days to check e-mail and movie listings" user, but I figured RaDIaToR52 is one of us die hard computer nuts who would take the time to learn it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)