Website able to get IP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website able to get IP

Website able to get IP

Okay,
    For a while now I have used proxy servers and a few special programs, proximitron, multiproxy, etc, to keep my privacy and keep myself safe on the internet. I have gone to several of those test types of sites and one of the new ones that were pointed out to me was this one http://inet-police.com/cgi-bin/env.cgi I would be willing to bet that a few of you have been there before. But anyway, I was looking through at some of the info it was trying to pull from my machine, which was slim to none, going through an anonymous proxy, and I noticed that an applet loaded up at the top. I looked at it and it found out my IP address. Now, I am just curious, first off, anyone know how it did it? Second off, how can I cover it up?

{I have tried reloading it using several different servers, anonymous, different port proxies, web-site proxies, etc.}

I attached a picture of what I am talking about here.

Website able to get IP

Okay,
    For a while now I have used proxy servers and a few special programs, proximitron, multiproxy, etc, to keep my privacy and keep myself safe on the internet. I have gone to several of those test types of sites and one of the new ones that were pointed out to me was this one http://inet-police.com/cgi-bin/env.cgi I would be willing to bet that a few of you have been there before. But anyway, I was looking through at some of the info it was trying to pull from my machine, which was slim to none, going through an anonymous proxy, and I noticed that an applet loaded up at the top. I looked at it and it found out my IP address. Now, I am just curious, first off, anyone know how it did it? Second off, how can I cover it up?

{I have tried reloading it using several different servers, anonymous, different port proxies, web-site proxies, etc.}

I attached a picture of what I am talking about here.

it could be the proxy your using is not really anonymous.

or the applet is simply client side, taking the info it displays to you from your computer after it loads on your computer. this would not be visable to the server. i would consider this a cheap trick though, better try another anominity tester.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

it could be the proxy your using is not really anonymous.

or the applet is simply client side, taking the info it displays to you from your computer after it loads on your computer. this would not be visable to the server. i would consider this a cheap trick though, better try another anominity tester.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ninja Code Monkey
    Well...if the applet has access to information on your client it can then send that information back to the server that the client was served from (bypassing the proxy). It's running locally on your box, and knows where to find the server it came from, why would it need to go back through the proxy?

You are never totally anonymous on the internet.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Ninja Code Monkey
    Well...if the applet has access to information on your client it can then send that information back to the server that the client was served from (bypassing the proxy). It's running locally on your box, and knows where to find the server it came from, why would it need to go back through the proxy?

You are never totally anonymous on the internet.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Why does the net sound like safe sex?

Why does the net sound like safe sex?

Banned
    The3ntropy: try using Sockscap.

Here's a little how-to on how to get it working. Mind you: you'll pay a high price for your anonymity (speed, that is...).

See if you're provider has a proxy for it's users, some like XS4ALL provide one, it is a lot faster then useing programs like multiproxy etc.
    Besides some websites won't run if they detect proxies or won't work 100%