Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you connect to the Internet

Angry How do you connect to the Internet

I connect via Cable Modem or DSL. The only downside is i am open to atacks because am always connected and i miss the old Bong bong of the dial up modem
    So what do you use?

Angry How do you connect to the Internet

I connect via Cable Modem or DSL. The only downside is i am open to atacks because am always connected and i miss the old Bong bong of the dial up modem
    So what do you use?

If u got cable, then you definately don't want it connected directly to your computer (especially if your using Windows)...

Two options:

1 Gateway server (I think this is the best option because you can mix/match lot's of security methods. The only thing is you need to be somewhat familiar with *NIX or you must at least be willing to learn). If you choose to do it this way, PM me and I'll send you some links that will take you through it step-by-step.

2 Router.

Whether you have a single box or whether you have a LAN, you need something to protect you from the big, bad, fast internet.

To find out more, read this post... Hope this helps.

Rev
    Many will ask, \"Where do you want to go today?\" because they\'re still scratching for ideas.

With *NIX, there\'s already a way. The sum of us just need roadmaps to get there.

If u got cable, then you definately don't want it connected directly to your computer (especially if your using Windows)...

Two options:

1 Gateway server (I think this is the best option because you can mix/match lot's of security methods. The only thing is you need to be somewhat familiar with *NIX or you must at least be willing to learn). If you choose to do it this way, PM me and I'll send you some links that will take you through it step-by-step.

2 Router.

Whether you have a single box or whether you have a LAN, you need something to protect you from the big, bad, fast internet.

To find out more, read this post... Hope this helps.

Rev
    Many will ask, \"Where do you want to go today?\" because they\'re still scratching for ideas.

With *NIX, there\'s already a way. The sum of us just need roadmaps to get there.

I use gateway server i have proxy in my house lol If you see my name it Says proxy detected

I use gateway server i have proxy in my house lol If you see my name it Says proxy detected

Post interested

Rev Jazzman,
    Could you post those links because I am interested in learning the gateway server option as well. Thank you.

Post interested

Rev Jazzman,
    Could you post those links because I am interested in learning the gateway server option as well. Thank you.

Well, I plug the ethernet cable into the Network Interface Card (NIC).

To be more serious:
    Cable Modem > Router > Computer.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Well, I plug the ethernet cable into the Network Interface Card (NIC).

To be more serious:
    Cable Modem > Router > Computer.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]