Help!!!

Thread: Help!!!

Help!!!

Being new to all this i would like to know which programs i need to keep hackers out of my computer system as i believe that i may have a hacker and i want to remove them from accessing my PC.
    Raptor

Help!!!

Being new to all this i would like to know which programs i need to keep hackers out of my computer system as i believe that i may have a hacker and i want to remove them from accessing my PC.
    Raptor

3 Things All Computers Should Not Be Without;

System & Application Patches... Keep your operating system and the applications you use up to date...

A Firewall of some sorts... Any firewall is better than no firewall... If I had the choice of the XP firewall or nothing.. I'd take the XP one... *truthfully, I wouldn't, but for this point, lets say that I will*

Antivirus software.... Good old AV... can't live without it.. unless you don't use your PC....
    Its not an install and forget thing... keep it up to date.. even if it offers a feature such as LiveUpdate, every now and then, check to make sure the updates are actually being applied...

Does someone want to link to recommended places to get such things? I'm at work, and can't be bothered searching for the sites over this slow connection.....

Or you could just go through the forums, and look for the information... there have been quite a lot of What Firewall/Antivirus is best threads
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

3 Things All Computers Should Not Be Without;

System & Application Patches... Keep your operating system and the applications you use up to date...

A Firewall of some sorts... Any firewall is better than no firewall... If I had the choice of the XP firewall or nothing.. I'd take the XP one... *truthfully, I wouldn't, but for this point, lets say that I will*

Antivirus software.... Good old AV... can't live without it.. unless you don't use your PC....
    Its not an install and forget thing... keep it up to date.. even if it offers a feature such as LiveUpdate, every now and then, check to make sure the updates are actually being applied...

Does someone want to link to recommended places to get such things? I'm at work, and can't be bothered searching for the sites over this slow connection.....

Or you could just go through the forums, and look for the information... there have been quite a lot of What Firewall/Antivirus is best threads
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Ok Patches are on the Microsoft Website...

Firewall : Easier to use is ZoneAlarm at http://www.zonelabs.com/

Antivirus : AVG at http://www.grisoft.com

that should do the job until you read further and decide on better stuff...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Ok Patches are on the Microsoft Website...

Firewall : Easier to use is ZoneAlarm at http://www.zonelabs.com/

Antivirus : AVG at http://www.grisoft.com

that should do the job until you read further and decide on better stuff...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]