Thread: The posting gods have forsaken me

The posting gods have forsaken me

It could just be me, but every time I go to edit a post, and actually take more than a few seconds to write the update, I get the invalid thread error message.....

I've already emailed JP about this, but I was just wanting to check if anyone else experiences these also...

I used to get them every now and then, but today I've been getting them without fail....

I can just go back and copy my text, then re-edit the post, but its annoying, especially since the work internet connection isn't that fast...

So, anyone else experiencing this?

Hmmm.. I just tried to create this thread, and I got ;
    No forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster
    Yet if I go back, I can see the forum specified in the address bar... strange no?
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

The posting gods have forsaken me

It could just be me, but every time I go to edit a post, and actually take more than a few seconds to write the update, I get the invalid thread error message.....

I've already emailed JP about this, but I was just wanting to check if anyone else experiences these also...

I used to get them every now and then, but today I've been getting them without fail....

I can just go back and copy my text, then re-edit the post, but its annoying, especially since the work internet connection isn't that fast...

So, anyone else experiencing this?

Hmmm.. I just tried to create this thread, and I got ;
    No forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster
    Yet if I go back, I can see the forum specified in the address bar... strange no?
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I get this on an occasion or two myself. Or sometimes after I have edited it I will click to save changes and it will give me the good ole' host not found.

FYI JP: I'm using Galeon 1.0.3 on Mandrake 8.2 with KDE 3.0....... In case it has to do with the browser.....
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Banned
    its because u havent been sacrificing you virigins enought to the posting gods remeber....
    hehe
    yeah its happened to me a couple of times i thought it was just 56k ohh well
    RiOtEr

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I've never had that problem. Then again, I make my post correct the first time, so I don't have to go back and edit it afterwords... :P
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i was hopeing to see a "This post was edited last" message nder souleman's post here.... that woulda been pure comedy ;x
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

AntiOnline Newbie
    I have seen it only a couple of times. Almost like the session timed out. The box I was on then was Win98SE w/IE6. But the infrastructure around my neighborhood is trash and even with a 56K modem we can only connect at about 42.5k on a good day... until I get my cable!

I really believe (in my case, anyway) it had something to do with my ISP connection, haven't seen that problem for at least 3 weeks.

Banned
    Greetings All:

This had to do with some timing issues with our anti-flood routines. They have since been fixed, and no one should have this problem again. Thanks.

Problem fixed, thread closed!