Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School Project, help appreciated !

A questionnaire is a bunch of questions asked to a larger amount of group. You people aren't the only ones who will be asked the questions, I will post tomorrow. I'm merely trying to give a **** here, and to get my assignment done. Our assignment involves making a questionnaire and getting it answered, properly. The fact that I have now have access to hacking "geniouses" world wide, through this site - people who are seemingly helpful and who also seem to give a ****, is just a very pleasant thought.

OK Mate, post your questionaire, most people here are quite capable of making their own decisions. They will either choose to help you and answer the questionaire, or they will choose to ignore you. (or potentially flame your ass off if you ask a bunch of lame questions).

Cheers:
    DjM

C'mon, give the guy a break....

I've seen step by step tutorials on hacking netbios posted on the board for anyone with good OR BAD intentions to use and yet when someone asks the most basic question about stuff that is well known in the hacking community that person gets flamed like hell... Lets at least be consistent...

I mean, this guy, to me, has obviously no malicious intents, and even if he did, what in the world would it change if one more person, out of (tens of) thousands, knew where to download BO2K and how to use it??!?!

Lets give peolpe like this the benefit of the doubt at least... It's not as if he came in with the classic "how do I hack hotmail"....

Ammo

PS: I'll anwser your servey if you post it....
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Its my nature to trust no one untill I have a reason to or no other choice, but you are right ammo. Ask away mOo..
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

a few books i can think of... fiction, but funxional.

william gibson : neuromancer, count zero... a few i cannot recall right now

i'll answer. could be entertaining.

as for the program, if you haven't found it yet with the links given to you, i don't know what to tell you. good luck on the assignment.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Kudos for the use of the English language... but...

Honestly, checking the BO files for viruses and finding viruses... erm... yes, you should expect that, shouldn't you? The virus scanner will most likely detect both server and client anyway. I've replied to posts before which were asking where they could find a "virus-free" version of some trojan software.

As for the survey... There is no practical way to make sure your sample group is actually composed of "hackers". This is due to both a wide variety of interpretations of the word, and also to the fact that kiddies would abound, and any unlikely-but-possibly-present major crackers wouldn't want to give out information.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

what is wrong with pointing the guy to cultdeadcow.com ? it's where you can read all about WHY it whas created and what Sir Dystic (who appeared on CNN several times) wants to achieve, he challenges M$ security, just visit the site and stop flameing each other, it's not like the guy asked to be told how to hack.

Bet you didnt know the file you are looking for is right here on antionline

http://anticode.antionline.com/downl...kdoors&sortby=

BO2k --->latest version of Back Orface .... I didnt check the file thou to make sure it is what it is for I am on a corprate network right now and I dont feal like getting fired today.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Ok, here I go again everybody...

<rant>
    Can I ask a question or two? What kind of teacher assigns you a project requiring you to run
    a trojan on school boxes? Why hasn't anyone else asked this yet? Why in hell do you need 25+ pages on this project? Why do you come to a security site and describe us as "hacking geniouses (sic)"? Pardon me, but I'm a skeptical person by nature, your comments don't add up, (a project on back orifice has nothing to do with "marketing"!!!) and I need some proof, here. Can you post the original project sheet that the teacher handed out? (and don't try to tell me that there wasn't one!) Can you, in fact, provide us with ANY information that you are doing a school project? And another thing - after however many years you've been taking computer courses (and it must have been a few, to get a "project" like this), why are you unskilled at searching the internet...? ? ? One second...
    Quoted directly from http://www.google.ca:
    "Searched the web for back orifice. Results 1 - 10 of about 105,000. Search took 0.06 seconds. "
    And you say you cannot find anything. Honestly. I think, if you're even telling the truth about the project, you must be horribly lazy and expecting us to get this information for you. One thing about visiting a site based on computer security, and you will learn this rapidly - we are not morons. We've been here long enough to become cynical and suspicious, and take nothing at face value. And, as much as we hate to admit it, we enjoy nothing more than phlaming the **** out of stupid s'kiddies who lie to us. So either cough up some evidence, or prepare to be the bearer of many little red boxes.
    </rant>

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Originally posted here by SSJVegeta-Sei
    Ok, here I go again everybody...

<rant>
    Can I ask a question or two? What kind of teacher assigns you a project requiring you to run
    a trojan on school boxes? Why hasn't anyone else asked this yet? Why in hell do you need 25+ pages on this project? Why do you come to a security site and describe us as "hacking geniouses (sic)"? Pardon me, but I'm a skeptical person by nature, your comments don't add up, (a project on back orifice has nothing to do with "marketing"!!!) and I need some proof, here. Can you post the original project sheet that the teacher handed out? (and don't try to tell me that there wasn't one!) Can you, in fact, provide us with ANY information that you are doing a school project? And another thing - after however many years you've been taking computer courses (and it must have been a few, to get a "project" like this), why are you unskilled at searching the internet...? ? ? One second...
    Quoted directly from http://www.google.ca:
    "Searched the web for back orifice. Results 1 - 10 of about 105,000. Search took 0.06 seconds. "
    And you say you cannot find anything. Honestly. I think, if you're even telling the truth about the project, you must be horribly lazy and expecting us to get this information for you. One thing about visiting a site based on computer security, and you will learn this rapidly - we are not morons. We've been here long enough to become cynical and suspicious, and take nothing at face value. And, as much as we hate to admit it, we enjoy nothing more than phlaming the **** out of stupid s'kiddies who lie to us. So either cough up some evidence, or prepare to be the bearer of many little red boxes.
    </rant>
    erm...did you ever think he might have just gotten an assignment that said something like "do a paper on anything you want relating to computers" or even better, a group assignment that they could pick the topic? perhaps you should wait till you get a bit further on in school before you deside that every teacher everywhere gives out extremely spefic guidlines for any paper they assign.

in other words, grow up and deal with it...if he's just a script kiddiot then he would have found it anyway, but if he's an actuall student perhaps he was actually having trouble and just got some help? and does it make you feel bigger to threaten him ("So either cough up some evidence, or prepare to be the bearer of many little red boxes.")? does that make you feel like more of a man? are you perhaps compensating for something thats too small by having a big attitude?
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

hmm here's my private collection of trojans.. well not my site buy my number one source..

http://www.multimania.com/cdcorg/trojans.html

way back when i was doing my course, we also did thesame project. it was part of studying Network Security.. we were assigned to note any information we could get on a trojan attack.. we used 2 trojans Back Orifice and NetBus.. we basically studied the attack's behaviour, its connectivity.. ect etc etc..

so i guess mr Moo-Cow should deserve the benefit of a doubt, and shouldnt be judged immidately. i agree his request was very suspicious but if what he is saying is not true, what goes around comes around.

and again.. take care of yourself and eachother.