free solaris

Thread: free solaris

Banned

free solaris

sun is offering solaris 9 for sparc and solaris 8 for intel on dvd for free for a limited time full info at
    http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/25493.html
    i know its hypocritycal me posting that cause i winged when people were mirroring slashdot and theregister but i thought this was importatnt for people to see cause it is solaris and it is free
    RiOtEr

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Thanks RiOtEr, some things are worth posting. We don't need EVERY news article, but the info that is very revelant.....

sun did this with solaris 8 (intel) for any person that was a registered linux user.

btw, if you read the article, they tell you that staroffice is no longer free. Get open office instead. www.openoffice.org Open office is like mozilla vs netscape....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

nothing wrong with posting things that people may miss miss otherwise, its posting everything you can find to increase you new threads, points or whatever.

thanks! i would have missed it
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 The Prophet said, Isnt the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man? The women said, Yes. He said, This is because of the deficiency of a womans mind.

I got my DVD ordered............. w00t.............

Thanks for the heads up..............
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Mirroring slashdot and theregister is just our way of compensating for AO lack of a news section.
    Its not software piracy. Im just making multiple off site backups.

yes, thank you absolutely. perfect timing, no less...

i hope i made it. and yeah, i suppose i'm a cheapskate?
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Originally posted here by souleman
    Thanks RiOtEr, some things are worth posting. We don't need EVERY news article, but the info that is very revelant.....

sun did this with solaris 8 (intel) for any person that was a registered linux user.

btw, if you read the article, they tell you that staroffice is no longer free. Get open office instead. www.openoffice.org Open office is like mozilla vs netscape....
    I do not know if this is revelant information but I thought it was a nice gesture from SUN.

Source: SUN

SUN MICROSYSTEMS AND MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA ANNOUNCE STAROFFICE DONATION
    Donation Will Provide Millions of Students in Universities and K12 Schools in China with the Upcoming Release of Sun's StarOffice 6.0

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    thx.../me hopes to get his dvd
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"