Thread: cisco router 3600

Question cisco router 3600

hi everybody,

i have a technical question:
    what is the difference between Network Modules(they will be used in the3600 cisco router serie)and WAN Interface cards?

cheers,
    the only thing that doesn\'t change is everything will always change.

Question cisco router 3600

hi everybody,

i have a technical question:
    what is the difference between Network Modules(they will be used in the3600 cisco router serie)and WAN Interface cards?

cheers,
    the only thing that doesn\'t change is everything will always change.

Besides being differently physically?

WIC's don't have special capabilities like IMA and such. NM's do. You want more detail, that's kind of a 20,000 foot view. I could down to the nuts and bolts, but what exactly are looking for?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

NM - Network Module
    WIC - Wan Interface Card

Essentially a Cisco Router has several slots to accomodate WICS or NMS (depending on the modle). An example of a WIC is a t1 CSU/DSU and an example of a NM is a NM-4E (4 port ethernet module). If you are wondering how to expand your router - let me know what you are looking to put in it and what you have in it right now. Ill help out to the best of my ability...
    freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude

freedom aint free

NM - Network Module
    WIC - Wan Interface Card

Essentially a Cisco Router has several slots to accomodate WICS or NMS (depending on the modle). An example of a WIC is a t1 CSU/DSU and an example of a NM is a NM-4E (4 port ethernet module). If you are wondering how to expand your router - let me know what you are looking to put in it and what you have in it right now. Ill help out to the best of my ability...
    freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude

freedom aint free