NEWS: SQL Worm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWS: SQL Worm

NEWS: SQL Worm

hey ive been offline for a few days. so im putting up some News i found

pasted from here:------------
    Wednesday 29th May 2002 11:59am from www.silicon.com

Virus warning: SQL worm trumps Nimda and Code Red

An internet worm that attacks Microsoft's SQL Server database has caused more attacks in the past week than last year's most notorious worms, Nimda and Code Red.

Security experts first warned of the problem last week. Since then the worm, also known as Spida, has attacked thousands of machines running Microsoft SQL Server.

The worm attacks port 1433, with more attacks on this port reported over the past week than port 80, which was the focus of athe Nimda and Code Red attacks.
    Internet security firm Dshield said port 1433 had received 56 per cent of computer attacks in the last five days compared with 11 per cent of attacks on port 80.

However, it also warned that this could be down to the cyclical nature of Code Red and Nimda which are currently in a dormant stage.

------

preep

?

is this really up to date info? wasn't ther ea sql worm reported that used the same port a few weeks ago? or this a new updated version.

I believe he/she is talking about the SQLsnake. The same one that was posted about last week...He/She is just a little late.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

belive, just read my post i never said snake, i pasted it from a source
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

I dont know what the hell your attitude is about... Your link goes nowhere. I didnt even read your post because i read all about it last week. Now i skimmed threw it and it said spida wich is another name for the SQLsnake. I was just clerifying for akb that it is the same one that he is thinking about.

Let me refrase my post for you:

he/she is defenatly talking about the SQLsnake (aka JS_SQLSpida.B, Hacktool.IPStealer, JS.Spida.B, JS/SQLSpida.b.worm, SQLSnake, SQLSpida, MS SQL Worm )
    The same one that was posted about last week...He/She is just a little late.

Is that better?
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

k i just felt a little attitude from u, thats all,
    sry man

preep

I was just letting the person know that the one he was thinking about and the one that you posted were the same thing. The first thing you said was that you were offline for a few days so you couldnt have known that it was posted allready its probably buried somewhere. Anyways I dont really care. As for you thinking i had an attitude...Its my personality was nothing twards you . I have an attitude twards life i guess ... Now my second post That was defanatly attitude and i take it back now.. My appologies just a minor misunderstanding
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    hmm as SQL worm never heard of one of those wot exactly does it do?../me wasnt around for that post a few weeks ago oh and i can read i know it attacks ports and **** but wot does it mena by attcking?...like does it flood the port till the pc's crash?...send itself to every1 email it can find on the database?...info like that would be nice
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

lol no prob man, peace (im no where near a hippie)

ok emrys ill hunt it out

preep

The SQLSnake worm targets TCP port 1433, the default port used for Microsoft SQL Server traffic. The worm is non-destructive, but once it infects a machine it will e-mail configuration information as well as passwords to ixltd@postone.com. The configuration information could be used to stage an attack.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court