View Poll Results: What do you think of my site?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super!

1 5.26%
  • Good!

7 36.84%
  • It\'s allright.

9 47.37%
  • Naaaaaa.

0 0%
  • It sucks.

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux

Linux

As you know Linux comes in meny flavor distributions. What is your flavor choice?

My flavor was RedHat for a long time, but latly it seem that RedHat has become sugar coated like windows. I now use SlackWare. SlackWare is really nice linux distribution. Kinda like RedHat was before they went Co.

*On a side note im looking for some cool linux wallpaper. If anyone knows of a good linux wallpaper site please post a link in your reply.

TwIsT3D

I have used SuSE (by the way not Sesu) for more then 3 years and it's still my favourite!

Re: Linux

Originally posted here by TwIsT3D
    On a side note im looking for some cool linux wallpaper.
    http://www.kde-look.org/

Just one of many. Also I found another site that had cool papers.If you search the old threads you'll find my podting of Linux wallpaper sites. Here is a pic of mine.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Ah ha.......... Found it. Check out this thread. Plenty of papers including the ones I use with my KDE.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=227803
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I am really an advocate of FreeBSD, but I've got a terciary machine that is running slackware. I had tried other distros, Mandrake, RH, SuSE, Debian, Corel, Devil Linux, and a few others.. All in all I found that if I had to use Linux, slackware was about the best for my needs.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

I am really an advocate of FreeBSD, but I've got a terciary machine that is running slackware. I had tried other distros, Mandrake, RH, SuSE, Debian, Corel, Devil Linux, and a few others.. All in all I found that if I had to use Linux, slackware was about the best for my needs.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

i like mandrake....redhat just doesn't "feel right".....i have no other excuse then that.

my goal for the summer was to check out slackware, but i just recently (this weekend) got freebsd, and i love it. maybe i won't get around to slackware afterall.
    U suk at teh intuhnet1!!1!1one

I use Suse 7.2 and have had no complaints so far, and at £50 for the full professional edition (7 CDs/ 1 DVD) it's far better value for money than the other distros I've seen. Suse also seem keen to constantly update their products, which is another good sign.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    Mandrake and RedHat all the way...

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I've been using Redhat since pre-5 release and I'm having to agree that they're becoming more corporate with every day that goes by. I'm now looking into Turbolinux or Slackware but I was really hoping that Storm Linux would have made it. Bleh...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.