Thread: WinXP ICS ?

Question WinXP ICS ?

I have xp's ICS up and running just fine but i can only connect from 1 computer and have the other 3 on the network use that connection. Is it possible to set it up so that any 1 of the computers can connect and all the rest will just use whatever connection happens to already be there and if so how would I go about doing this?

First off. Is it XP Home or Pro? Reason being, XP Home does not have some of the networking features of XP Pro. XP Pro is easier to configure than the Home version. It can be done, but Pro plays better with networking. Also what are the other OS'es? As well, are you using a router, switch or hub? Then we can go from there.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

ics on 98 allows 4 boxs to share a connection, so no matter which ver you have im pretty sure your covered. and yes XP supports dial on demand.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I'm running Pro. There are 2 with XP Pro and 2 with 2k Pro. Right now it's set up with a small switch and I want them all to be able to share their connection with the other 3 and check for a connection before dialing. At the moment it's only dial up. When I can get high speed here it'll be no problem.