Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questionnaire

Questionnaire

QUESTIONNAIRE

Questions for the public (x in the circle box, please)

Do you know what hacking is? (if not, never mind this questionnaire)
    (if a hacker, please contact our group)

Yes O
    No O
    I am a hacker O

Have you ever experienced actually being hacked ?

Yes O
    No O
    On more than one occasion O

Are you in any way affiliated with any kind of hacking societies/groups etc?

Yes O
    No O
    More than one O
    Too secret for you! O
    If yes, please state name of group_____________________

Would you like to know more on the subject hacking?

Of course, everyone should have general knowledge on it O
    No, I’m not a geek O
    I’m a hacker, for Gods sake, of course! O

How much attention do you think the media should give the subject hacking?

A lot more than now O
    Well, as much as they do now O
    Preferably none, I’m more into sports and sleezy stories about celebrities. O

Did you know your computer is never safe and could at any time be infected with a hacker?

Hah, I don’t have a computer O
    My computer is a fortress, its anti-hack secured O
    Yes, of course – but there is nothing interesting on my computer O
    No, and… I have to go turn it off now… O

"SERIOUS PART"

In depth questions for the individual hacker
    We have removed some of the questions, as they where intended for one person only.

Have you ever committed crimes such as hacking, cracking, etc ?
    - Why did you do it?

Do you make your own programs or do you merely use the ones already made?
    - What programs do you use?

Have you ever had trouble with the law? (because of hacking, cracking, whatever)
    - How did they find out?

Don’t you think hacking has caused more trouble than good?
    - If not, state reasons

You yourself, would you define yourself as a white hat or a black hat?

Have you ever encountered one of the “Legends”? (Grey hats)
    - What does it take to become a Legend?
    - Do you have what it takes to become a Legend?

What do you think is the greatest thing that has ever happened within the world of hacking?

What do you think is the worst thing?

Do you have an idol within the world of hacking ? (Kevin Mitnick and the likes) state who/why

Just answer the best you can, you don't have to answer the questions you don't want to answer. We will use your answers for quotes, and you will be quoted anonymously.

Flaming, etc.

Also, please refrain from making useless replies and/or flames on this thread.

[USELESS]
    Who are you to tell people to what to reply to a thread?

If you don't want useless replies or flames... Don't write useless or flameworthy threads like this....

Now you've done it, take it like a man... *my apologises if your not a man, in that case, take it like a female*
    [/USELESS]

Anyway, I'm bored and at work, so *GASP* I'm actually gonna answer this stupid thread...

1. A
    2. B
    3. D
    4. E... I would like to know more, most people here would, but only for security reasons..
    5. B. The level of media is fine, they just have to start reporting the correct stuff... they make too many mistakes, which gives the good guys a bad name, and makes the bad guys look really powerful, when they aren't...
    6. X... Your computer can be safe... its a simple matter of time, caution and common sense..

7. No... well... I played a game I didn't pay for once... *Don't lock me up, PLEASE!!*
    8. I use general security programs.. Why re-invent the wheel.. *unless the wheel just doesn't suit you.. that's a good reason to re-invent it.. make it a rectangle*
    9. Yes. I was caught red-handed.
    10. No... I believe that while some people have abused what they can do through their knowledge and understanding of the computer world, others have made many wonderous technological advances possible, by their dedication to their field...
    11. Bah.. hats are only good for keeping the sun off your face... that's it...

12 & 13. Many things have happened, which could be said to be great or bad.. but it would depend on what side of the fence your on..... the malicious people might say when this got hacked.. the others might say, when this system shrugged off the attack, with no noticeable affects on its users...

14. No..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

GreekGoddess
    [THINKSTOHERSELF]

What's so 'stupid' about this thread? I'd actually like to read some of the responses this questionnaire gets. Most people complain that the kiddies out there have no idea of what a real hacker is. Maybe by reading something like this, experiences, etc. and just general comments, they can get a better perspective. And besides, this is the Chit Chat forum, and I believe it says you can talk about whatever is on your mind. Blah.

[/THINKSTOHERSELF]

GreekGoddess
    Do you know what hacking is? Yes

Have you ever experienced actually being hacked ? Yes, intentionally allowing people to and not.

Something like that, yes.

Always trying to learn something new. This stuff intrigues the hell outta me.
    I think everyone should have a general knowledge of it.

I wish I could say I used the media as a source of my information, but most of the times not.

There are several underground newspapers (not hacking related) from Europe and Asia that I subscribe to for my source.

Did you know your computer is never safe and could at any time be infected with a hacker?
    No ****.

"SERIOUS PART"

Have you ever committed crimes such as hacking, cracking, etc ?
    - Why did you do it? Yeah. If it's free, it's for me. Enough said.

Do you make your own programs or do you merely use the ones already made?
    - What programs do you use? A combination of both. Simply put, at this stage, I'm a scriptkiddie and a homepage junkie, I'm currently learning several programming languages to enhance my knowledge, I have written programs in the past, but I'm still in a learning stage and use a lot of pre-made programs.

Have you ever had trouble with the law? (because of hacking, cracking, whatever)
    - How did they find out? No.

White Hat, although I don't consider myself a hacker.....maybe a cracker, warez junkie, skriptkiddie...and I may not be helping the economy by ripping off free programs, but I would never EVER harm someone or steal vital information and use it in any way. The more I'm learning, the more I want to show people the side of all of this that I've learned here. NetBus is strictly for freaking out my friends and the occasional peek into my highschool just for shits and giggles. I'm not going to flood an IRC channel or something like that. It's like a gag thing to me. Maybe I should say I ASPIRE to be a white hat.

Re: Questionnaire

I guess I have nothing better to do so here goes...

QUESTIONNAIRE

Questions for the public (x in the circle box, please)

Do you know what hacking is? (if not, never mind this questionnaire)
    (if a hacker, please contact our group)

Yes O
    No O
    I am a hacker X (though this depends on your definition of what a hacker is of course)

Yes O
    No O
    On more than one occasion X

Yes O
    No O
    More than one O
    Too secret for you! X
    If yes, please state name of group_____________________

Of course, everyone should have general knowledge on it O
    No, I’m not a geek O
    I’m a hacker, for Gods sake, of course! X

A lot more than now O
    Well, as much as they do now O
    Preferably none, I’m more into sports and sleezy stories about celebrities. O
    >> Less, because of the incorrect way that they report it. X

Hah, I don’t have a computer O
    My computer is a fortress, its anti-hack secured O
    Yes, of course – but there is nothing interesting on my computer O
    No, and… I have to go turn it off now… O
    >> It's not my computer, so if you *did* try hacking it then you'd be in trouble from the LEA.
    >> Also, you don't get "infected" by a hacker, viruses infect, crackers break in/gain unauthorised access, hackers teach/learn/mentor/write software etc.

"SERIOUS PART"

We have removed some of the questions, as they where intended for one person only.

Have you ever committed crimes such as hacking, cracking, etc ? No (like I'd tell you anyway!)
    - Why did you do it?

Do you make your own programs or do you merely use the ones already made? Both
    - What programs do you use? Lots, too many to mention.

Have you ever had trouble with the law? (because of hacking, cracking, whatever) No.
    - How did they find out?

Don’t you think hacking has caused more trouble than good? No.
    - If not, state reasons - There would be no Open Source software.

White hat.

Have you ever encountered one of the “Legends”? (Grey hats) No.
    - What does it take to become a Legend? A lot of hard work and putting up with lame newbies,
    - Do you have what it takes to become a Legend? I doubt it, perhaps in 25 years I will be remembered but I think not (BTW, this depends on your definition of "legend", I could be classed as a legend in my local area/family/college but not on a national or global scale).

What do you think is the greatest thing that has ever happened within the world of hacking?
    The creation of GNU/Linux

What do you think is the worst thing?
    Stupid newbies asking lame questions like "How do I hack hotmail".

Do you have an idol within the world of hacking ? (Kevin Mitnick and the likes) state who/why
    Richard Stallman - 'nuff said.

Just answer the best you can, you don't have to answer the questions you don't want to answer. We will use your answers for quotes, and you will be quoted anonymously.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Re: Questionnaire

Good luck on your project! Here are my answers:

Do you know what hacking is?
    Yes

Yes

No

Of course, everyone should have general knowledge on it

Well, as much as they do now

Yes, of course – but there is nothing interesting on my computer

I'm not a hacker and I don't participate in criminal activity. Guess the rest of the questions are not aimed at me...
    ---
    proactive

Banned
    Answers:
    1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.No - (AntiOnline)
    4.Of Course....
    5.A Lot More.... (But with better accuracy!)
    6.Yes...But....

Answers (In Depth): ...here goes my rep...

1. Yes. Gained Account Access for Internet Usage from a neighbouring High School. Why? Only means to surf the net. (Had no $$ to pay for access)

2.Make my own, but most are obsolite DOS programs....

3.Yes, sec. 326.1(b) Theft of Telecommunications Services (Canadian Criminal Code). I, with 8 other students were caught. Luckily, the schoolboard dropped the charges after we paid a huge fee settlement.... (each 936$). How they find out? Dedicated phonelines for the internet accounts, login logs, accounts went from unlimited to minimum (10hrs/mnt)

4.No, it teaches people how to be more secure and how to think before putting sensitive information on a computer....

5.I was black, but now I saw the light....

6.No. It takes notority to become a "legend". I doubt I'll be a legend in that light...

7.Mitnick getting arrested and 2600 cashing in on it... or, seeing script kiddies getting busted

8.Injustices that the media give to the trade.... (either white or black)

9.No one in particular. I admire the knowledge some people have (ex: Zigar, Souleman, Acid) and enjoy picking at their minds to learn more....

(side note: might sound like an excuse but, when I commited my offense, at the time I started using the account, it was unlimited for a school, I thought nothing of it, being that I wasn't depriving someone of something (like taking gas out of a car), had I known they switched to bare minimum (althought there was no way) I would have stopped using the account (because I would be costing them something, using up hours).... hope people understand, I know I was in the wrong, but maybe seeing it in my understanding might help clerify why I did)

1) Yes

2) No

3) No

4) I'm a hacker, for Gods sake, of course!

5) Alot more! But tell the truth about us, were not bad people!

6) Yes, of course.

7) No, I participate in wargames, etc, and hack my computer and friends with their permission, then patch it...and I have played jokes on a few friends when I wasnt into security much. But then I patched it up for them.

8) Unix, compilers, and security programs, etc.

9) No.

10) Yes, stupid kids not looking to learn and only looking for social status and using programs.

11) White-hat

12) Yes, I have encountered a gray hat.
    You have to be well, mysterious and be unkown and do incrediable things. I'm not fully sure on this.
    No, I'm not that mysterious and I'm good, and I'm more more into security now.

13) 2600Hz

14) Script kiddies, lammers, and the crackers that don?t know anything and use prograems, and the kids that do this for social status, etc, and do not want to learn.

15) Captian Crunch, he got this whole thing started.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

Not an overwhelming reply, but thanks anyhow.