I'm not sure I'd consider this a tutorial, but it seems like the most logical forum to place it in.

The following tips I got from an article titled Stupid Google Tricks by Particle Bored in the Spring 2002 issue of 2600 The Hacker Quarterly

Here are some uses for google other than the simple search for keywords:
-You can use the language tools link on main page of google to set the language to any language you'd like.

-use: 'search terms filetype:ext' to search for files with a specific DOS extension (i.e. xls, mbd, dll)

-use: 'search terms site:site to search' to search a specific site for information.

-use: 'search terms link:specify site' to search for sites that have linked to a specific site.

-use: 'allintitle: search terms' to search for sites with specific words or phrases in their titles (notice the syntax for this search, there is a space after the colon)

-you can also use google to search for a specific prefix or area code, and to perform reverse lookups on a phone number (enter # as search term in dashed format)

-The final tip given in the article by Particle Bored is:
You may want to use this final trick quickly, since I fear the functionality may disappear soon after this article is published. Have you ever found the perfect document, only to be denied access because the .mil site where it resides doesn't like your source IP? If you look within the query results you will hopefully find links that say "Cached" or "View as HTML" Follow the link and you will be able to view Google's copy of the document.
I have chosen to directly quote the author on the last point as I do not fully understand it.

One last note...when using the language tools link, notice in the "Google interface in your language" box....hacker is one of the language options.

Wow!! Google is an all purpose tool.