Thread: News Forum

Banned

News Forum

Hmmm, Looking into General Chit Chat I see a whole lot of news stories..... /me thinks there should be a News Forum at AO so we can keep track of current events..... Users can post to it, add stories, etc.

Great idea. A currnet events forum would be the next best thing to a news section.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Banned
    Hear, hear!

I totally agree with Acid... good idea!

An excellent idea!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

agreed, we also need a section to talk about new sploits , projects , and a place for freedom of speech where no anti points can be given and only people with certine amount of points can see cause im sick of gettin negs for stupid this like i probly will for this post haha : )

+greens to acid
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

i also agree that this is a good idea. is it just industry-specific news, or including general non-IT stuff as well?

regards,
    mark
    \'hi, welcome to *****. if you would like to speak to an operator, please hang up now.\'
    * click *

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    it is mostdefinatly nice but why not just assign all news to the general board?
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

I think it's important that we have a news-report feature on AO where members can post news and others can report on it. I thought JP implemented something like this when he re-built AO last year but if so I haven't seen it in active use.

Too many news stories are being copied and pasted to the general chat forum, if I wanted to find news, I'd look to a specific news site like BBC News or AO if we get a news forum.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.