Terror "prevention" gone to far?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terror "prevention" gone to far?

Question Terror "prevention" gone to far?

The American government has gone just a bit to far now. You have probably heard of the FBI's new powers. So, now they are saying that it's OK for them to spy on us in church, at work, and on message boards like this, all in the name of safety? I agree that preventitive measures need tho be taken, but come on people, we all know that if Bin laden or any other terroists are planning an attack on America, they will not be stupid enough to use a public and high-traffic message board, ISP, or chat room. They will use steg, encryptions, private chats, e-mail, and non-mainstream ISPs. Echeleon, Tempest, and the newer Magic Lantern seem to be violation fourth amendment rights. Where is the protection from unreasonable search and seizure when antvirus makers could be programming their antiviruses to not detect any of this? The government has always been able to take away our rights in the name of protection from some new boogeyman.
    *sigh*
    Nostalgia isn\'t what it used to be.

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload1/feckit.jpg

It's not just the American government, what did you think about the European union?
    all ISP's here need to log all users traffic/mail and be able to tap into users surfing behaviour, ISP's not only are against it but have to cough up a lot of money to buy special equipment, in Holland right now not all ISP's are equiped but the government kinda tolerates it, just like weed

The Iceman Cometh
    There's a long discussion regarding this topic here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=229168

It's a giant "knee jerk reaction" to something THEY have no control over and until THEY think of a better solution the innocent man pays the price..

TechnologyBudda, I strongly agree with what your saying but as adven pointed out this topic has been done to death. I also noticed you recieved quite a few neg points for speaking your mind. Quite sad really........I think I'll fix that up for you.

Also, check out this article @ The Register about how crap Carnivore is...

They have gone too far. I hope the don't spy on me in the shower. I mean, come on, churches. Those are supposed to be a place where you can feel unwatched. I don't want anyone hearing what I say in the confessionals.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

Hmm....though I generally don't agree with the gov't spying on me, I'm not going to raise much hell if they do. I don't have anything to hide or be arrested for. Why are you so adament about it? Have you been doing things you aren't suppose to?

Originally posted here by delstar
    Hmm....though I generally don't agree with the gov't spying on me, I'm not going to raise much hell if they do. I don't have anything to hide or be arrested for. Why are you so adament about it? Have you been doing things you aren't suppose to?
    Nah, im a good citizen, I just like my privacy.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

I think we all realize, of course, that the government probably reads this web site. So if they weren't paying any particular attention to us now...
    *sigh*
    Nostalgia isn\'t what it used to be.

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload1/feckit.jpg

AntiOnline Newbie
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I don't have a thing to hide. I wish they would have done this along time ago. Really, I dont want another 9-11 to happen. And I dont really care what they have to do to prevent my family from being murdered. My mother and my sister work at the airport, my father, a police officer, and myself at an office in downtown. I refuse to let these Jihad Ma Chowdaas win.
    I will sacrifice privacy for the security of my mothers life. The security of my familys life. Some people seem selfish about this topic. In my opinon, if you have something to hide from the FEDs you prolly belong in jail anyways.

BTW Chuches are where this problem started mind you. These Islamic preists that teach Jihad against America should be arrested.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2