Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Just Isn't Enough...

i have a duron 700 running windows Me, for games (pity it cant run medal of honour), i have a p120 with windows 98 SE for my family, im returning a 486 into active service once i get some more "bits" and im gonna run redhat 5.2 without x and and install apache, and im thinking of buying a newer system, to run either slackware, mandrake, or redhat (the latest disto`s) and im gonna have to fork out for a router, or convert my old 486 into one.

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Originally posted here by gcfd688
    3rd is the wifes laptop p2 233 w/win xp
    How smooth does XP run? My celeron 700, 256mb ram lagged a little when booting up, but that must be worst!
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

str34m3r

Profiling the Hacker

An interesting quote I found in the book Hack Attacks Revealed. I thought it might apply here, especially the last one...

The typical hacker has at least three of the following qualities:

- Is proficient in C, C++, CGI, or Perl programming languages.

- Has knowledge of TCP/IP, the networking protocol of the internet.

- Is a heavy user of the internet, typically for more than 50 hours per week.

- Is intimately familiar with at least two operating systems, one of which is almost certainly UNIX.

- Was or is a computer professional.

- Is a collector of outdated computer hardware and software.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but according to this, I should be looking into a new profession.

Banned
    I fulfill all of those

well lets see, I've got 3 1st generation mac's for bragging rights I've got an old Emonster P500 (still the fastest running puter I have) for games and surfing ans what not, a 900mhz HP that is slow as **** that i use for cursing and screaming at, and 1500mhz sony viao that I use for absolutley nothing, (has anyone ever tried to get linux on a viao) I guess it has a use then, getting my heart rate up as I kick it across the room.

I have an Abacus and a Commodore 64....

LOL Conf1rmed_K1ll, lost track of whom owns what. Work well 5 servers 47 stations are not mine but just the job. Home ah...can I count the stuff in the attic? running @ home from gig plus sys to oldest on-line P133. Systems from access work testing 10 different flavors of linux a few Win 2k and how to wean the company from MS. Sorry live up to the ISP agreement no servers @ home....they can see..laptops hummm forgot who's lap on top of they are on. Guess I just throw stuff on-line see what happens with what and watch a visitor or two now and then.. mostly I like the Bar-B-Q out back in nice weather. What is the point lol there is none other then a nice day after 16 hours of W2K server just one did not have time to enjoy my rare sunny this part of the country day.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

ha.. i got you all beat..
    i got this kick ass 4.88mhz ibm pc/xt w/10meg hd and a whopping 640k of mem (hey.. even bill said that's all i'd ever need) running ibmdos 5.0. with a mosaic browser and this radical external 9600 baud modem..

i have a network of 30 comupters.. 1 a ghost server, 1 main server (win2k Adv server).. 1 security server(win2k Adv server).. 1 on redhat and the others are just Win2K pro workstations... and i set em all up all by myself

i have a network of 30 computers..
    What do you do with all those computer s0nIc? Hah, that's sweet though.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com