to all newbies other look

Thread: to all newbies other look

Post to all newbies other look

Hi all,

yesterday I've read this thread. I think that as a newbie/Jr. member I should react.

NetwrkBurn wrote that we, as begginers in security shouldn't start threads because we will get flamed. I really don't think so - I asked several times and I think that for senior members was my questions really easy. But noone was laughing at me, noone flamed me. Because I asked politely and I wasn't asking how to hack hotmail or yahoo. So a little advice for ALL YOU NEWBIES here - don't be afraid to ask but follow the rules that are written for example here. In that case you will probalby learn a lot and you won't get flamed. I should mention that I don't study programing (I study telecommunications) and I'm NOT programmer, network admin or anything similar. And I have interesting life even with or without computer

Thanx for your time.
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Flash M0nkey
    yup I agree completely with sun7.....
    never be afraid to ask your questions - as long as they follow some simple guide lines
    1. Do not ask for help hacking - this is a security site
    2. Do not ask about warez or other illegal activities
    3. Make sure your question is understandable - not only will this help the people trying to answer you but you will get a better response
    4. Include all relevant information that a person trying to answer your question will need
    5. Don't be too vague - a question that is too broad will not get *helpfull* responses
    6. Avoid |_||3e|2 l337 |-|4|<0|2 5[]D34|< is just annoying and makes you look like a kiddiot
    7. If you don't understand anything in a reply - ask!
      But prolly most important
    8. Remember the people trying to help you are not being paid to do so!!! They do it out of the goodness off their hearts so show them respect and a thank you would be appriciated

v_Ln

Good post. This is very true. One is treated as one acts. If you come here to a security site and ask how to hack (insert favorite instant messenger or webmail service here) exspect to be flamed, neg pointed, or chastized. Come in here and ask how to secure your network, how to prevent your services from being exploited or ask in an intelligent way. Well, you'll be treated intelligently. It is just that simple.......................

When I came to AO I never got flamed because I asked legit questions and try to help out when I can. I have had people disagree with me, but it was in a nice way so no flames or negs went flying about either way. But when you start calling people "****ers" and such. Just because they disagree with you is not a way to handle a disagreement. The best way is to agree to disagree..............

Nice post sun7dots. You summed it up nicely for the n00bs. Short but sweet..
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

I agree 100% I haven't started any threads but have learned alot just reading. I haven't gotten flamed because I always treat ppl with respect. I don't know much about computers but am learning more and more every day from this site.

Yeah, me to. Since day 1 on this site i always got helped. Just treat people with respect. And if you do get flamed, try to make yourself clearer (if you're misunderstood) and remember, a discussion should stay a discussion. Like for instance,

ME >> He, guys! I think windows rules!
    YOU >> No! Windows sucks!

And after the flame war we meet eachother on IRC:

ME >> He, you're that guy who was against windows!
    YOU >> Yeah I am, got something against it, ********!
    ME >> ******* **** and ******* you're a ********!
    YOU >> ********* oh yeah, ***** ** ******!
    *=very noughty word

The above is NOT how it should be done. A discussion should stay a discussion and should not turn into a fight. Maybe it's a little unclear but read the FAQ's. The're a <font size="8">BIG</font> help.
    Bleh.

Flash M0nkey
    S_D that should be
    [.size=8]big[./size] without the fullstops off course

v_Ln

I read the other thread and totally agree sun7. I mean when it comes down to it, newbies have nothing to do with it.

Silly posts/topics get silly responses.

Most people will be willing to help you with a security or computer question, not warez, hacking, cracking, hacking hotmail, and other illegal activities, as mentioned above. Everyone here is very nice and will help you willing and joyfully. You can learn alot here, I know I am.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]