WINDOWS98 is seriosly ill on me H E L P Please!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WINDOWS98 is seriosly ill on me H E L P Please!

WINDOWS98 is seriosly ill on me H E L P Please!

Dear Everyone,
    Hi my Wndows 98 is showing at start up that I have something down. It is called Cool Socket Dll #1147. Have I crashed landed into something? Please any help I would deprately appreciate as I am a newbie here and I use point and speak so this is my window to the world to all of you genius's out there that know what this means. I do not even take my computer to Gateway any more. Oh yes, I am learning. Thank You Everyone,
    Ielan
    Irelan

Hi my Wndows 98 is showing at start up that I have something down. It is called Cool Socket Dll #1147
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, did an error message come up on bootup? From the name "cool socket", it sounds kinds of like spyware, see if adaware wil find it. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

error in coolsocket.dll? with an error number of 1147

If im right the msdn listing of that error is:
    Visual FoxPro Reference

Target table is already engaged in a relation (Error 1147)
    There is more than one relationship between the currently selected table file and one of its targets.
    hope this helps the search for an answer
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

dll found

here somone look at this Im no programer

is it for aol?

or icq...
    sorry for the horrible replys I'll try not to do that

Hi -
    I'm not sure if this will help, but what I could find on this relates to a browser issue. Are you using Netscape or AOL? As Seeker_319 pointed out, it could also be missing from your ICQ program files (or AOL Instant Messenger). Did you add or delete any programs just before this problem? If you can supply a bit more info I might be able to guide you to the exact file you need.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

From what I found, it looks like it is for AOL Instant Messanger. Do you have AIM? if so, do you have it set to run at startup? If so, try to disable and reboot, or you could always try to re-install.

Ummm... Google is your friend. Looks like it's probably an AIM thing - try uninstalling it (AIM/ICQ, that is).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

somtimes It helps to rename a .dll to say coolsocket.old then reinstall the program say in this case AIM/ICQ. somtimes an install prog will only check to see if that particular file exists not the version so it will not install the version of the *.dll file it needs. In this case the *.dll is probably a newer version installed or modified by another program. You can do this possibly in safe mode unless the *.dll is loading there as well otherwise use a boot disk cd to the directory and use the good ole ren comand.

Hope weve helped you out