VNC in schools
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VNC in schools

Cool VNC in schools

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, btw its a good story. Ok, a few weeks ago me and a friend found VNC in a school computer. We didn't know what it was, and when we checked it out it seemed useless. For those of us who don't know what it is, its a program where you can watch and interact with other users from your terminal. Well anyway, Me and my friend who will remain nameless , checked the options menu. It had the password like this "******". Sooo we are both compooter nerds, and we decided we'd use SnadBoys Revelation on it and get the password... We did. It was real cool, all we had to do was type in the networks name, W:, in this case, the room number, 111, (My computer class) and then the number on the computer. We screwed around and ended getting suspended till the end of the year. I hope someone enjoyed that... or I just waisted a long time on nothing.
    Share on Google+

hehe...please dont "flame" me...
    [gloworange]I really need a friggin sig...[/gloworange] [pong][/pong]
    Share on Google+

ya never get punished for doing something....
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”
    Share on Google+

Well, on one hand, this could be looked at as a good thing, because hopefully you've learned your lesson of not to screw with files you aren't supposed to have access to, and especially not on school or government computers.

On the other hand, however, I hope you're not looking at it as a good thing because it was cool or something. Granted, I've done some things that weren't all that legal to do in my life, but in the end you, in my opinion, shouldn't be proud about something like getting expelled from school. It seems like you are, and please pardon me if I've gotten the wrong impression by your post.

<sarc>Either way, you wanted something (the password) and you got it through doing something you shouldn't have. You are, in mine and many other's eyes, now a real hacker. </sarc>
    Share on Google+

Banned
    that was fairly dumb you should have connected to it from a remote location, like the mall or like a cybercafe.
    Share on Google+

lol well the kidd was curious.. i guess we should give this kidd some slack.. tho in my case when i managed to crack the CMOS setup password to fix a computer our teacher got mad even my intention was noble..

the thing is.. some students cracked the cmos password and changed the mem to 0mb so the video was stuffed and when u boot the pc all u see is a colored screen.. tho the color on the screen changes when u press the keyboard..

so what i did was i memorized the cmos setup menue by heart (this varries on the computer but that network used thesame computers), blindly cracked the cmos setup password (i killed all the cmos settings), and i blindly set the memory back to 16Mb.. and rebooted the pc.. and viola.. the pc is back to normal.. now this was a bit tricky coz you cant see anything except for the colors on your screen.. but the change of colors gives me the hint that the computer accepts the activity am doing. and when i went to my instructor to set up the password he got mad... i mean.. he's lucky i told him to set up the password and not set up the password myself.. all i wanted was to make the unuseable computers in the back row to be useable again.. so we can have more computers on the network. and instead of gettin a thanks i got a threat..
    Share on Google+

instead of gettin a thanks i got a threat..
    Such is life, s0nIc. Such is life.
    A teacher in my school once threatened me because I was in the End Task menu (Ctrl. Alt. Delete) because Word had crashed on me and I was trying to save time (and potential hard disk corruption) by not having to press the reset button. Apparently, Ctrl. Alt. Delete is some kind of special administrative thing and only the technicians are trained in how to use it, and someone who isn't trained could damage the whole network from it. Yeah right!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net
    Share on Google+

I agree with jehnx, I hope this kid has taken this lesson to heart. It's the kids that bad intentions that give the kids with good intentions a bad name. Sounds like s0nIc and Rewandythal, JP, and I have all been the victims of the same situation. I can't even remember all the times I've sat in the vice-principles office proving to the technology teacher that I wasn't the one that did whatever they were accusing me of doing. Looking back, I think they were just trying to get me to rat out the person that did it. Hindsight 20/20...
    The point of this ramble is: Learn from your mistakes and find productive ways to use your skills. Get your work done before anyone else and ask your teacher if they'll let you try to fix the computer in the back that hasn't worked in three weeks. In most cases, if you ask, you get the approval and green light. (And stay in school...)

P4l3h0rs3
    Share on Google+

lol.. yeah... u have a point there...

but it really bugged me.. coz we normally have a weekly network and systems report to hand in.. and i already reported about the 5 worksations that are not working, and i reported to the a lot of times.. coz we have more students in class than computers and some of us have to stand and watch till someone is finished so we can have our turn.. and they told me they cant get it fixed easily coz they have to send some sort of techician to change the chips or something.. so i said **** this.. ill do this myself.. all i need is 30 mins tops. and i dont have to open the box or damage anything to do it.. so i did it.. and i got introuble coz they thought im a walking security risk to their network and they actually changed the passwords and security settings of the whole network after that incident (even the one in the library).
    Share on Google+

somebody in my school had his username removed just for pointing out to the administrator that the internet filter was not working. sly one.
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)
    Share on Google+