linux

Thread: linux

linux

hello ppl
    ive been reading up on linux and noticed its free does any 1know where i can download a linux o/s ive tried a search on google but there is 2 many pages 2 go through and a lot of the downloads are apps and stuff.or should i just buy a linux o/s any help would be much appreciated
    thanks in advance
    prodikal
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

go to http://www.suse.com and look for the download area. They tell you everything you need to know to get it downloaded and running.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

prodikal: I would stronly suggest you not download one of the images and just go out and buy one at BestBuy or something. It'll come with a manual, hopefully, that'll help you through many of the troubles you're gonna have since you're a beginner at Linux. Also, it'll save us the time of having to answer all of your simple questions that you'll be asking us when you're having trouble with "dir" not working or something, hehe. For real, though, just go buy one. They're not that expensive, and it'll help you out a ton. Make sure, though, before you install it you get all of your hardware info on your computer. I don't mean how many mhx the processor is or anything, I mean the detailed crap like what kind of mobo it is, what the refresh rate on your monitor is, etc. You're gonna need this stuff and before you go buy it you should make sure your hardware is compatible with the version of Linux you're going to be buying.

ty for u r help ppl much appreciated
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

I actually paid for my latest RedHat distro. It cost me $10 Australian. I think that's around $100 000 000 US. It sure beats downloading it on a 56K Modem....

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    If you have a high speed connection you can goto www.linuxiso.org to get the iso images of many distros. For all the documents you'll need on using them, goto www.linuxdoc.org .
    Hope that helps.

BTW: Thats pretty much the only two sites you will ever need to get yourself up and running in linux. And this site of course.