Theory of Computer Warfare

Thread: Theory of Computer Warfare

Theory of Computer Warfare

Just some thoughts I'd like to put out.

Rip 'em apart, boys (and girls, depending on what kind of luggage the Lord bequeathed you).

The Structure of Computer Warfare:

There are 3 Kinds of Computers:

(1) Base
    (2) Bounce
    (3) Target

In Depth:

(1) Base - A highly secured computer (or group of computers) designed to communicate with the bouncers. If base is compromized, attacks end and a severe blow is dealt to its respective side.

(2) Bouncers - Either by intent or misconfiguration, these computers allow the attacker (root) access. Attacks are made from these computers. Compromize is not a problem, because there's always more than enough computers to make into a bounce Chains of bounces are used to hide the base and ensure anonymity of the base and of the attacker.

(3) Target - Either owned by the enemy, or a tactially imporant (i.e. a backbone router, server, etc.) Once taken over, it can be converted into a bounce to further attack the targeted side. Targets are never bases, for the fact that they are known by the enemy, and thus, cannot be trusted to be anonymous. Anonymity is key.

Overall:

A base sets up the attacks for the bouncers to carry to the target. The bouncers serve to anonymize the target, and to confuse the enemy.

Again, just some thoughts that I thought I'd throw out Feel free to tear this thing apart!

-Lone1337

Note: The all important theorem of information warfare: The more boxes you have, the hader it is to find you

It's really basic, but it's definitely the right basics. Sure would be cool to have the title of Commander In Chief of Computer Warfare, eh?

Banned
    And a really good title it would be! I somehow agree with your theory although I'm sure many would disagree. I disagree about the more boxes you have idea though...

lol G.I joe gets replaced by a computer nerd sporting a shirt that says "Wang computers".

Commander In Chief of Sub7 and Ddos attacks.

Originally posted here by cwk9
    lol G.I joe gets replaced by a computer nerd sporting a shirt that says "Wang computers".

Commander In Chief of Sub7 and Ddos attacks.
    ROFL! That's really funny.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

Banned
    Nice picture.... Guy looks like a flake..

Banned
    it would be nice if the US govt developed a Cyberwarfare branch of the military....
    Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Cyberwarfare,........

I'm pretty sure that the CIA, and NSA currently do quite a bit of offensive "information gathering." So if what you are looking for is cyberwarfare, check out CIA and NSA.

Regards,
    Wizeman
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

I have heard that there is a new cybercop unit set up for just that purpose.....The only people that are eligible are juniors in the computer science department. They must have a gpa of 3.5 and there are only like 2 people per school chosen per year to enter this program. This program is going on for 5 yrs if i have my facts straight. I looked into it, but couldn't agree to signing 2 yrs of my life away to uncle sam after i finished school.
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.