Thread: HTTP Based Programming

HTTP Based Programming

I had an epiphany reciently, my epiphany was, http based programming. A java based compiler is pared up with a chat program. The compiler can be accessed by members of the site and they are given a task and they have to write a program mutually. Each person gets 10 minutes a peice to add on to the program and if some makes a mistake they are notified in the chat program and if some idiot writes in a backdoor or a virus a moderator can go in and edit it. I know this is a radical vision that wont work because ppl's programming style is all different. But i thought it was a good idea.

Sounds complicated, but fun. But wouldn't it be like IRC programming or something? I suppose it wouldn't necessarily be IRC...

You could do it on IRC i guess but it would be better if it had its own client/medium

Banned
    With only 10 minute intervals, wouldn't it be short of time?

Also, like you mentioned, everyone has a different style of programming.
    I could see people getting upset while watching the code being entered by another and seeing a stupidity being place/error being done and not be able to say something.
    (Not to mention that some would lose it, seeing all their work get edited over...)

My .02$