Installed RH 7.3!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed RH 7.3!!!

Installed RH 7.3!!!

Well, I downloaded and burned the ISO's using my dad's computer. I think it was my old burner that was the problem. I have a new 32x12x40x burner, but I had to use my dad's 4x (slow one). Anyway, RH is installed, firestarter/iptables is in effect, OpenOffice, tripwire, etc etc etc. So far, it has been flawless. And by the looks of this, I think I will have Linux as my primary OS, with XP kept around for, well, I dunno what!

Well done!

I'm still running the old school RH 7.1 and have found it to be brilliant. Can't wait to give 7.3 a try. And like you, the more I use RedHat the more XP seems like a toy....

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Nah, it's not a toy, it's what linux/unix has been this entire time. They've got SOME of the major points covered like *gasp* true multithreaded environments which prevents your machine from cascade-faulting every time IE freezes. Imagine that...

Linux, if only it has support for GAMES, would cause me to abandon gleefully from the chains of MS. If only...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I also have RHL 7.1 and want to go with 7.3, but I have such a slow connection (been downloading for 3 weeks now). I am about halfway through the third disc.

i had RH 7.1 and liked it. Tried red hat 7.2 and it didn't like cdroms. Went to Mandrake 8.2 and love it. Might download RH7.3 and give it a try though.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I am digging it so far. Had to figure out how to install some programs that were .tar.gz, but after I learned that, it isn't much different, save the fact I don't have to reboot every 6 hours.

I'm so pissed w/ RH 7.3. They changed the output args for PING, for ping, mind you!!!

I'm all with being POSIX compliant but come on guys allot of fault management software needs to have the same args from PING. It's just PING for god's sake.

*leaves the room grumbling about groping some other body orifices at RedHat*
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

Computer Forensics
    hrm, another *fart* thread
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    /me has gas

w0000000t
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by hogfly
    hrm, another *fart* thread
    ???