Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i don't have a clue......

Unhappy i don't have a clue......

-=Me and my silly question=-

i got a question what kind of metod is used to penetrate a firewall, how hackers do that ... i try to do something like it.. of course! I own the computers where I was trying... anyway ... I try to ping the computer no responce.... I try telnet... no luck.... I try finger.... no luck.....I try ftp conection... no luck..... I wondering how they can do it? .... how they stablesh a conecction.... the firewall refuced all the atemps to conection and close the open ports.... So what is the trick?........

.......................... Thank you...............................

Well it sounds to me like the computer you are trying to get into is well protected. It doesnt respond to pings, it doesnt run telnet, finger, or ftp, it doesnt run any services, and the firewall closed off all open ports. I think this is the kind of machine that is extremely difficult to break into. The trick is to find a computer that is running vulnerabe services. Theoretically it is possible to get into this machine, but it might not be very likely.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Are there any open ports on this computer at all?
    If there aren't any (which I doubt) it is almost impossible to hack this guy - the only way is to know what is the exact type of firewall he is using and search for vulnerabilites over the NET.
    And if you don't know what is the guy's firewall - I guess you are stuck although you could try some floods or DOS attacks.
    P.S. Don't try

seems like a good firewall but why r u trying 2 penetrate it in the first place?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    prodikal> Claimes he is doing pen testing on his own system.

elfc> If what you say is true, then the firewall probably can't be hacked. Although it can still be DoS'ed. Do me a favor on your next post though. Get rid of all the stupid red and blue and large fonts. It makes it VERY hard to take anything you say seriously. Thanks.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

or, if you know the fire wall you can possibly find a way to make it crash, depending on which kind it is.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

1. to ...........ThePreacher........... thank you for the tip!

2. to ...........sw2v......................yes I run a scanport on the computer and yes I found some
    open ports ... but when I try a raw conection do not work..
    ................thank you...................

3. to ............prodikal.................yes I guess it's a good firewall and.. yes I try to penetrate
    I wondering how they stablesh a connection to break in?
    ...............thank you...................

4. to............souleman.............. yes probably the firewall can't be hacked....and I get rid of
    the font type.... and about dos'ed I DON'T TRY TO CRASH THE
    SYSTEM..I just wonder how they get the conection........
    ...............thank you....................

5. to.......lord_darkside_x.........thanks you for the tip!

thanks to every 1 For the tips and coments...

~ĕ£Fĉ~

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, I guess I'm in a good mood.

Most firewalls arn't really gone thru persay. Most times a firewall protects a companies internal network. Now the reason you won't get thru is because your ip is not one of the recognized and trusted ip's. So, what is usually done is most companies run an e-mail system, a web service, or both. Now an e-mail system is obviously going to be outside the firewall so it can get the e-mails. Now most likely that e-mail server is also trusted by the firewall. SO, what you will want to do is gain root access on the e-mail/web server, and then use that server to telnet to a server behind the firewall. Thru this the firewall will not recognize your ip as the one trying to connect. It will recognize the e-mail/web servers ip and most likely this ip is one of the trusted ip's. So, there ya go. This method is usually called leapfrogging. Happy hunting.

Also, you can get some stuff thru a firewall by pinging with a different set of tcp packets. You can search more about this by searching for "firewalk" on google.

Note: These methods do not work on all firewalls.

to: ..........xmaddness..........

thank you for the infomation!
    this explain a lot to me..

~ĕ£Fĉ~

of course if all else fails you can do a little investigating, find out some names of people who use the network, determine the networks naming convention for email and send an attached trojan to tunnel threw the firewall to a few of them
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”