Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question of the Week

four words
    Being Banned From Network
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

When i changed from kiddies' to high school, i had almost lost all my friends. That scar was bleeding for a long time, and i dunno if it ended today. For some years, i've been with more than 300 pals in h.s. . It was just strange, i feel stranged, isn't it? All that people that you gonna see sure for only a year. Made a few friends, and that's all. And what about teachers? I knew some awesome and some s.o.b.'s, like all of you.

/" a 18's mind in a 8 years kid"
    -Some mind doctor, Feb or March 1984.

Im still in middle school so i cant say i will miss anything i might miss teaching people how to bypass the lame security to "protect us" from the evils of computers and the internet. Fool proof is so lame...

TechieChick
    I'm so far past school...lemme think...

At the time it seemed like I was always stressing about something, homework, friends, no firends, dating, not dating, blah blah....looking back after *ahen* quite a few years out it wasn't truly stressful at all. While I wouldn't want to go back I do miss it, everything was so fresh and I wasn't jaded yet.

Snake_Byte...weren't you in IRC under the nick ComputerGeek....from mendocino?

Just checking...

TC

the way i figure, if i never leave, i won't miss it...
    i enjoy school a lot. rack up the degrees and learn new things.
    perhaps i'll go into nuclear physics next, maybe cellular biology.
    i would like to consider myself someday a "jack-of-all-trades"
    for now, i'm getting a hell of a kick out of IT.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

The fact that things were so much simpler back then......
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

/me admits still being in highschool. But it's the last week of school, and they've closed down the library. I'm already missing going in there and seeing the "NO EMAIL" sign hanging from the celieng, then going to every computer station and log onto one of my four dummy email accounts...

They always seem to "think" they've solved the problem of email... but have no fear [kids]... [WebCarnage] is here.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

str34m3r
    All my friends from college. I rarely hear from any of them anymore.

I miss that giddy Joy that comes with the belif that you are on top of the world. The imortality that follows you untill you leave school and look around and see the real world. (sigh) I miss school untill I think ....All of the tremendous highs that life gave me were always followed by the painfull lows...( not talking drugs here) Now everything has evened out .....Go back to school...naw
    [glowpurple]The Nutta [/glowpurple]

Banned
    lets see, i'm only 17 but i graduated early...

-i miss the 3 years that my band ruled the city where i live
    -the girls that would flock to me because i was in a band and saw our shows
    -tearing up the talent shows
    -wearing my sunglasses in class because i was too hungover/high/trashed
    -not doing any homework or notes but still getting A's on the tests
    -dropping out three times but graduating early
    -making out with the hotties on campus
    -selling drugs in class
    -making the computer teacher always have one eye on me
    -ditching 5th period by hiding in someones car who had early release
    -being the only guy on campuss with a spike in my lip, holes in my ears, a 4 guage toungue ring, an eye ring, and a dick ring
    -the keggers every weekend
    -i could go on forever

damn high school was fun