M$ Pocket PC Monopoly Competition?

Thread: M$ Pocket PC Monopoly Competition?

Banned

M$ Pocket PC Monopoly Competition?

Although the low-power handhelds (Palms/Handsprings, mainly) seem to have escaped the Micr0$hit monopoly (temporarily, at least), we all know M$ jumped on the Pocket PCs (iPaqs, Jornadas, Casios, Toshibas, etc.).

This may be old news to some, but it appears that Sharp's new pocket pc (the one with a slide-out keyboard built into it) ships with pocket Linux! I hope Linux will triumph this time!

This is especially likely because it seems that the pocket Linux will run the M$ Pocket Office apps! I even managed to persuade a relative, who manages a university network, to buy these Sharps instead of iPaqs

On an offhand note, what the hell is the point of Linux for PlayStation 2?

the point of linux for the PS2 is ..... well.... um..... = \ .... its cause... the umm... thing... is ....... if ..... umm....

cause the penguin is just so damn cute!
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

psyk0 I think the PS/2 Linux thing is a good idea. If I had a kid and was stuck on my Windows ways, I wouldn't want no damn linux **** on my PC. I would say play with your video games kid!!!!!

I think its a great idea and will help spread the idea further!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Banned
    Ive heard rumors about the PSX/2 ultimate it's supposed to come with a wireless keybord and trackball it's supposed to have a 30 gig hd like rdram....basically a fair computer......it's supposed to have it's own os based on the AIX kernel. That will pretty cool because it will bring out a hole new market of games that will run on linux or any *nix flavor. It will also bring out *nix back into homes.