Thread: ASP asap.

ASP asap.

Hi
    I m doing a project where I have to display the entries of an Access database record in a web page using ASP. The form in the web page accepts user id and password, and ASP script compares it to the user id and password in the Access database. The type of the user id and password field in the Access database is integer. But the form accepts only text.

The problem is that the script does not compare two terms of different data types. And I cannot change the type of the field in the Access database to text from integer. Can anyone help me on this one?

When the script gets the user id and password from the database it is integer. I have to convert it to text somehow. Is there any function in VB Script to accomplish that? It’s really urgent!
    With great power comes great responsibility.

Actually, when you get the data out of the access database its a variant. Not an integer.

If you're still having problems, give me the code and the error message and Ill fix it for you.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Hey thanks for the offer but another guy from antionline already helped me out. I had to use cstr() to change the data type.
    Thanks again dude.
    With great power comes great responsibility.