Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark of the Beast? or Good technology?

Webius Designerous Indiginous

Mark of the Beast? or Good technology?

Taken directly from MSNBC.
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 26 — A Florida technology company is poised to ask the government for permission to market a computer ID chip that could be embedded beneath a person’s skin. For airports, nuclear power plants and other high-security facilities, the immediate benefits would be a closer-to-foolproof security system. But privacy advocates warn that the chip could lead to encroachments on civil liberties.

THE IMPLANT TECHNOLOGY is another case of science fiction evolving into fact. Those who have long advanced the idea of implant chips say it could someday mean no more easy-to-counterfeit ID cards, no more reliance on dozing security guards.Just a computer chip — about the size of a grain of rice — that would be difficult to remove and tough to mimic.
    Other uses of the technology on the horizon, from an added device that would allow satellite tracking of an individual’s every movement to the storage of sensitive data like medical records, are already attracting interest across the globe for tasks like foiling kidnappings or assisting paramedics. Applied Digital Solutions’ new “VeriChip” is another sign that Sept. 11 has catapulted the science of security into a realm with uncharted possibilities — and also new fears for privacy.
    “The problem is that you always have to think about what the device will be used for tomorrow,” said Lee Tien, a senior attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a privacy advocacy group.
    “It’s what we call function creep. At first a device is used for applications we all agree are good, but then it slowly is used for more than it was intended,” he said.

SEEKING FDA APPROVAL
    Applied Digital, based in Palm Beach, Fla., says it will soon begin the process of getting Food and Drug Administration approval for the device, and intends to limit its marketing to companies that ensure its human use is voluntary.
    “The line in the sand that we draw is that the use of the VeriChip would always be voluntarily,” said Keith Bolton, chief technology officer and a vice president at Applied Digital. “We would never provide it to a company that intended to coerce people to use it.” More than a decade ago, Applied bought a competing firm, Destron Fearing, which had been making chips implanted in animals for several years. Those chips were mainly bought by animal owners wanting to provide another way for pound workers to identify a lost pet. Chips for humans aren’t that much different. But the company was hesitant to market them for people because of ethical questions. The devastation of Sept. 11 solidified the company’s resolve to market the human chip and brought about a new sensibility about the possible interest.
    “It’s a sad time ... when people have to wonder whether it’s safe in their own country,” Bolton said. The makers of the chip also foresee it being used to help emergency workers diagnose a lost Alzheimer’s patient or access an unconscious patient’s medical history.

HOW IT WORKS
    Getting the implant would go something like this: A person or company buys the chip from Applied Digital for about $200, and the company encodes it with the desired information. The person seeking the implant takes the tiny device — about the size of a grain of rice, to their doctor, who can insert it with a large needle device. The doctor monitors the device for several weeks to make sure that it doesn’t move and that no infection develops.
    Keith Bolton, chief technology officer of Applied Digital Solutions, demonstrates pager and watch versions of the company's Digital Angel product, which provides satellite location tracking for individuals. Applied Digital plans to incorporate this technology into future versions of its VeriChip. The device has no power supply; rather, it contains a millimeter-long magnetic coil that is activated when a scanning device is run across the skin above it. A tiny transmitter on the chip sends out the data. Without a scanner, the chip cannot be read. Applied Digital plans to give away chip readers to hospitals and ambulance companies, in the hopes they’ll become standard equipment.

GOOD OR EVIL?
    The chip has drawn attention from several religious groups. Theologian and author Terry Cook said he worries the identification chip could be the “mark of the beast,” an identifying mark that all people will be forced to wear just before the end times, according to the Bible. Applied Digital has consulted theologians and appeared on the religious television program the ”700 Club” to assure viewers the chip didn’t fit the biblical description of the mark because it is under the skin and hidden from view. Even with the privacy and religious concerns, some are already eager to use the product. Jeff Jacobs in Coral Springs, Florida has contacted the company in hopes of becoming the first person to purchase the chip. Jacobs suffers from a number of serious allergies and wants to make sure medical personnel can diagnose him.
    “They would know who to contact, they would know what medications I’m on, and it’s quite a few,” he said. “They would know what I’m allergic to, what kind of operations I’ve had and where there might be problems.” Applied Digital says technology to let the chip to be used for tracking is already well under development. Eight Latin American companies have contacted Applied Digital and have openly encouraged the company to pursue the internal tracking devices. In some countries, kidnapping has become an epidemic that limits tourism and business.
    Question 1) Is this the beginning of the "Beast" markings? Are these what will become the mark that brings down the barrier between simple technology and theologics?

Question 2) What about this tracking technology? I see that in the future you will be taking your newborn to the doctor to get a "Tracking Chip" that will be with them for the rest of their life. Whether or not the parents tell the child it is in them,is a totally seperate issue.

I present this to you. What are your thoughts?

there already has been some disscussions about this here.. but i could only find this thread even though i was sure there was at least one other..
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=228167

i for one won't let them inject this into me..
    cyanide caps for me and the kids.. when they come to drag me away.

Thumbs up

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
    http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/k...1&byte=5379618

People have argued for centuries about the meaning of this,
    but one thing seems obvious.
    Systems of universal identification are in the spirit of this statement, even
    if they aren't necessarily a literal "fulfillment of prophecy"
    If I were a government official, I would not favor a system that
    has these kinds of connotations, no matter how "good" the intentions were.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

didn' it (the bible) also say something about people disappearing and those that knew them would think they were dead....like at WTC
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AFAIK the first thread I saw on this was long long ago in a thread far far away... which must have since been deleted, since I can't seem to find it by searching. Well, this is old news.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I don't believe that it will become the marking of the beast. They would most certainly be sure, as stated, that they would not use a biblical description.

My biggest thing is would this not enable the government to watch every move we made? Regardless of whether we knew it or not? they could tell us it was for security reasons but they could just monitor everything and everywhere we went.

Who would make certain that our rights were not infringed upon?

i would NEVER allow one of those to be implanted in me, nor any child i ever have.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

This particular instance is not the mark of the beast, since the beast, (the AntiChrist), has not yet been revealed. The AntiChrist will be a world leader who emerges and quickly begins to assume power. At some point he will compel everyone to accept a mark on his or her forehead or hand that identifies the person as one of his followers. This mark will be 666.

However, the technology to do something like this is becoming more and more available. The world economy is becoming more and more integrated. We are quickly moving toward a cashless world where everything is done by computers and debit accounts. I usually pay for most things with a debit card. Eventually, it will be easy to cut off access to goods and services to those without a special identifying mark.

In the wake of September 11 we are hearing more and more about security advances like cameras who can identify people by their facial characteristics and notify the police. The technology to control the world is being developed right now. The person who controls the computers controls the world.

Some may think I'm a religious fanatic for what I'm about to say. If you are asked to receive such a mark on your hand or forehead, don't do it! The person who does this can never turn again to God because they have received the loyalty mark of the AntiChrist. It is a non-reversible decision.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    http://www.tldm.org/News4/MarkoftheBeast.htm
    http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/opinion.htm

People will always speculate on what is the Mark of the Beast. For years, it was credit cards. I have even heard it was the Euro. Next, it is going to be a new hat or something.

No one will know if/when the rapture is comming until it happens. There is always something that can be related to revelations. The book was extreamly well written for that one point alone. It gives enough information to make people think, but still obscure enough that throughout history, there is always signs of the apocolyps. (ps, my spelling sucks today and I don't feel like looking anything up, so...)

Oh yeah, not sure who owns euro.net, but there is also a machine called beast.euro.net btw, it was hacked...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Remote_Access
    I posted this thread two or three times a while ago. It's ooooooold news to me. This topic has been drove into the ground and back. I'm not sure if it's the mark of the beast or not. It's definately an invasion of privacy. There's no benifits to this chip other than for the government. Suprise suprise.. Another method of monitoring us. There's no way in hell I nor my children would get that damn bug implanted in our hand, or any where else.

Ziggar had a good question:
    Who would make certain that our rights were not infringed upon?
    Certainly not the same government that wants to put this bug in everyone. If not our government, law makers, etc. etc., then who?

didn' it (the bible) also say something about people disappearing and those that knew them would think they were dead....like at WTC
    - Yes it did but much much more people than the ones that disapeared at the WTC.

Now to answer your questions xmadness:

Question 1) Is this the beginning of the "Beast" markings? Are these what will become the mark that brings down the barrier between simple technology and theologics?
    I believe so. This chip that's being tested and sought for approval may not be the actual mark but I do think we're coming close.

Question 2) What about this tracking technology? I see that in the future you will be taking your newborn to the doctor to get a "Tracking Chip" that will be with them for the rest of their life. Whether or not the parents tell the child it is in them,is a totally seperate issue.
    I see that in the future your newborn will recieve some sort of tracking device implanted him or her. If this is approved by the FDA then we may not even get to chose if we want it or not. Technology will be the end of mankind.

Remote_Access_