could not log out why?

Thread: could not log out why?

could not log out why?

i was wandering i this also happens to u. i cud not log out. what happened was, i logged out last the other night and guess what on the next morning, i opened this site i was still logged in. I was dissappointed to notice when i read the notice that says "you are still logged in .....etc etc". this is bad news. does this also happen to you? any ideas of a simple logout procedures. hehe
    Is this something new or you are gonna tell i'm just dumb not to know how to log out?

Well, considering that I believe this site is session-aware, I think it's unlikely that you would stay logged in for more than an hour or so (though don't know if that's settable in the options or not for the site). What you probably saw (?) were unclosed windows that still had you logged in, etc... click something more and you'd probably have to log in again. *shrug*
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

I don't logout, I just close the window when I finish visiting the site. When I start the computer up the next day, I'm still logged on. I haven't typed my username and password for this site for months, so it wouldn't be session based.

However, when I click to logout, the next time I visit, I do have to enter username and password, so it might be at your end where this problem lies. Unless more people are experiencing it.

I am using Opera 6.03 on MS WinXP.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I have just the opposite problem. I'm constantly having to log-in although I haven't left the site nor logged off. I'm thinking it might have something to do with my use of the "Back" button though. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

What do you mean when you say 'use of the back button'? Do you login, then click back or just click back when viewing threads? Because I use the back button and haven't had any login problems.

Give Opera a go - it clearly is the superior browser!!

Greg

EDIT: I just assumed you were using IE, but if you are using Opera, then I dunno what the problem could be apart from cookies - you do have them enabled?

Also wanted to add for those who didn't know, with Opera, you can block pop-ups, the ads on AO don't appear (for some reason...but I ain't complaining) and it has 'mouse gestures' - they are the sensational!!
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Check your cookies and javascipt. Also, go to Site Options and check your settings in there.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Talking Salamat

'twas my site options that mattters. salamat noy!

May the [shadow]gods[/shadow] shimmer with you and may the [gloworange]goddessess [/gloworange] bring beauty upon you.

I think Antionline use cookies to log-in users.
    So if you delete the Antionline cookies, you will be log-out.
    Personaly I don't log out but I haven't got any problem to log in with IE.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I use IE and I allow only session cookies via IE. Should I just turn them on full bore and forget about them . . . since they are blocked on most sites via my firewall? I use the 'back button' to get back to the main forums discussion page. I got into the habit when I worked for the Post Office so others wouldn't log into my web e-mail. As for my AO options, I have session cookies enabled. Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks for the tips!

(As I went to post this . . . once again the system said I was not logged in. Is there a time limit on quick posts or viewing pages or . . . . now I really confused!)
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.