flamers section

Thread: flamers section

Banned

flamers section

ok i say this out of a genuine need to decrece the about of flames on the site. on the main page listed with all te top 10's mabee there should be a section on there about flamers. top 10 flamers. mabee this would help keep the flames down. yes i know some times i flame also but i always hate to see whole threads that are just flames. i realise that this will require constant moderation to keep up to date, or mebee just another link that adds a label to a post that marks it as a flame, keep tabs that way, and try and moderate everyone that is labeling everything as a flame. or even dont mark the post as a flame untill it reaches a certin number of flame markers or something like that. ok thats just my sugestion, do with it as you will
    Share on Google+

What about a Top 10 Useless Posts section? That'll be interesting...hmmm...

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester
    Share on Google+

Banned
    I think I'll attach a FLAME MARKER to anyones random post........then get all my friends to do it.........just to get back at that person.......... your idea is a good on, loggoff, but I'm afraid it needs some tweaking.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Hmmm, But doesnt that all depend on the users profile of a flame?
    A flame is opinion and opinion cannot be rated...
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Humm, top 10 flame posters?

Negative, NetSyn, and myself would all be on that list. But its kind of hard not to with a crap load of posts.

Now if you went by percentage, that would probably be a different story.

You can pretty much tell by the title of the thread weather or not something is going to be a flame thread. I don't think it would help at all, and knowing some people, they would post more flames, just to see their name on the front page.

Besides, I think hogfly farted in here also.....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

Banned
    How could you log or count the amount of flames a person does?

Some people may consider a comment a flame while others will consider it just a strong argument...

Besides, if we put up an option like that, it would only encourage flaming (since it would be the easiest top 10 to recieve...)
    Share on Google+

Banned
    "but I'm afraid it needs some tweaking"

i didnt say it was perfect

also, people opinions can be rated, you do it all the time by saying this post or othat post is a flame. you rate them by agreeing or disagreeing with them. so dont say you cant rate an oppinion

about the people that post flames to get there name on the front page? well simply dont put up with it, if someones being an @$$, put them on a top 10 @$$ holes list, let 'em have that one, i know id not want on that list at all

flame vs. strong argument, its all just a diferent name you give it "What's in a name?...a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." or to fit this better smell as bad...... any way

well like i said, i didnt say it was perfect, just a vague posiblity
    Share on Google+

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Greetings All:

I appreciate your suggestion. However, I would rather recognize users for the good that they do for the community, instead of recognizing users for the bad.

Positive reinforcement all the way!

thread closed.
    Share on Google+