Thread: "Born-On" Date

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

"Born-On" Date

from Hook
    Smee: An idea just struck me. Like lightning.
    Hook: That must've hurt.
    Here is an idea for the thread summaries on the main page: In addition to the date & time of the last post to the thread, what if there was also a "born-on" date of the thread? For example, next to the name of the thread, it would say the date and time it was created. This would hopefully reduce the number of posts to dead/really old threads. Just my $0.02.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

That will be good idea. It will indeed reduce the number of posts to old threads.

On the other hand, I personally think it's fun when old slumbering threads suddenly wakes up and grows again.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Banned
    Greetings All:

Will, I like the basis of your idea. Here's what I did:

Posts made more than 2 weeks ago will have a blinking date, so that users recognize that it wasn't a recent thread. This may help stop some confusion with people replying to very old threads, without realizing that they were very old threads.

Thanks for the suggestion. Thread Closed!