Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emulators?

emulators?

Before this start a flame war I am not looking for a specific emulator so dont tell me to search google.

I want to know your personal experiances with windows emulators and which you guys/girls like the best. Google wont tell me peoples personal experiance that is why I ask you guys/girls.
    BTW. I am running Mandrake 8.2 with 680MB mem., 30 gig harddrive, 600 Athlon.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

It really all depends on what you want to run. Each have their strong points and IMHO none of them do the complete job. But I'd give them a little more time, they are almost there.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What do you want to use the emulator for? Games, Office, etc etc etc? That will make the difference on which emulator to use.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I want to use it mainly to install Office 2000. If games worked that would be a plus
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    Are you talking about the gaming emulators? I don't understand exactly what your asking..

Whats the best for office 2000 in your guys/girls opionion

prolly that lame lindows, or try wine for the fun of it www.winehq.com
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

what have you guys used and recommend

Banned
    er............ lindows?

Antionline Herpetologist
    I'll go out on a limb here and reccomend a commercial product. VMWare. The one and only.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com