Stupid popups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid popups

Banned

Angry Stupid popups

Which popup blocker/remover/whatever do you guys recommend (I'm asking you guys, not Google, because you people actually have experience with the software)? I'm tired of having twenty windows, two of which have relevant data, to sort through.

On the same note, I hate those stupid sites that use cross-browser scripting to scan you hd and show it to you, saying your computer is at risk.......if any of you hate that too, some advice is to just activate your firewall/up it a level of protection...(if you don't have a firewall, then you can email me and i'll send you black ice, it's only 3 megs).

thanks, feel free to boost your ego by taking apart my request and flaming the **** out of it...........

The Proxomitron (see Neg's tutorial)

The Proxomitron, and if you don't want single pixel bugs and bad cookies, then Spyblocker is okay.

BTW- Black ICE sucks as far as personal firewalls go. Not a flame, just the facts.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    What firewall would you recommend, KorpDeath? Most people like either BlackIce or ZoneAlarm

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    pysk0tik> BlackIce and ZoneAlarm are the most popular, which means they are two of the worst. Kinda like Microsoft TPF (Tiny Personal Firewall) and Sygate are both a lot better.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Back in my MS days, TPF saved my life and provided the tighest security I ever had. Not even spyware could get past it.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

zone alarm was good, when it worked (i upgraded to xp (duh)) now i use norton firewall from systemworks, haven't had any problems so far, 4 months to date.
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Banned
    If you use anamayous proxy servers your ip adress will be masked and so will your harddrive and if you use a proxy firewall that wornt hurt either

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    well i use proximtron for popups it is awsome and as a firewall tiny is the best...i love it till i die
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Banned
    Proximtron is useful but i found that pop ups taht dispaly as full webpages still pop up and the pop up's that are linked to those bypass it.