Thread: In response of the "Born On" Date thread

Hi mom!

In response of the "Born On" Date thread

In response to JP's suggestion in the "Born On" date thread, I would like to quote from the Book of Mozilla:

II. Mozilla, caput XXVII:22
    And the Lizard named several of the locusts, and regarding one the Lizard said, The <blink> tag worketh not. Whereupon the users hearing this were sore amazed, and said they one unto another, Verily, that is no bug, but a feature to be highly praised while it lasteth.
    Please, please, no blinking! <insert begging smiley here>
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    I would like to quote from the HTML Hell Page

blinking text

Blinking text makes it nearly impossible to pay attention to anything else on the page. It reduces 87% of all surfers to a helpless state of fixated brain-lock, much like that of a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming semi. This is not good. If you abuse the blink tag, you deserve to be shot. Clue: if you use the blink tag, you're abusing it.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    blinky blinky

Your complaing with that avatar you have ac1dsp3ctrum?????
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    How bout if it just blinks like 3 or 4 times and then stops..

Nah... just go steal the Hamster Dance "theme song" and make that play on all the old posts/threads... ROFL *running and ducking*
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

good idea, is it possible?, I think 3 or 4 blinks is a bit to little maybe 10? Just an idea.
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Ohhhh, I want the hamster dance song, I want the hamster dance song...PLEASE?

II. Mozilla, caput XXVII:22
    And the Lizard named several of the locusts, and regarding one the Lizard said, The <blink> tag worketh not. Whereupon the users hearing this were sore amazed, and said they one unto another, Verily, that is no bug, but a feature to be highly praised while it lasteth.

LMAO!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

str34m3r
    That's a hilarious quote.

You know, I've never even noticed that blink didn't work. I guess I'm not missing much then, huh?

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Well, I'm glad you liked my idea JP, however, I see not the blink.

From whence cometh thine blink?

Forsooth, yon blink?
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Banned
    Greetings:

Urgh, bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch........ Some of you are never happy, are you? haha.

At any rate, the blinking stays. It's just for dates on old posts, not like you'll ever really be seeing it a lot anyway.

thread closed.