Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much $$$ do you make?!

How much $$$ do you make?!

PAY AND PREMIUMS
    Here’s a rundown on the salaries and bonuses that various IT security professionals currently command:

DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY
    $92K TO $142K
    (Average $119K, with bonus range of 10% to 19% of base pay)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MANAGER OF INFORMATION SECURITY
    $80K TO $122K
    (Average $105K, with bonus range of 8% to 15%)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER
    $67K TO $104K
    (Average $86K, with bonus range of 6% to 12%)
    INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
    $59K TO $89K
    (Average $73K, with bonus range of 6% to 12%)

Source: Quarterly IT Professional Salary Survey of pay rates for 30,000 IT workers in 60 U.S. cities, Foote Partners LLC, New Canaan, Conn.

That is an avg that I found that I also had a few questions on, what does each feild do? to be more specific what would a Director of Information Security do that an Information Security Analyst wouldn't and vice versa?

-xposed

The director wouldn't get his hands dirty like a Analyst would, so to speak. The higher up the chain you go, the more talking and less working people tend to do. A manager actually takes the resources and gives them tasks according to skill sets, etc.

At least that's my jaded view of corporate America. Hence the name, KorpDeath.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    hey xposed u the same person i know?...aka jhacker ?
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

not enough

I agree with Korp on that one with the exception of the dirty hands part. Having worked my way up the ladder so to speak I find the higher you go the more responsibility one gets although they may be in different areas. Like instead of analyzing the holes if long range plans are to min the holes by different software, license issues, projected growth and costs. Yeah lots more talking but the task at the top is not any easer then the bottom. Example Analyze you annwer to the engineer, the engineer crafts their thing has their duty to assigning what you anylize and answer to the manager who in turn over sees the analist and engineering, who answers to the director who asigns his tasks the director and is responsible for the manager, engineer and analyst and what they do and answers to the Director who asigns the Manager, who manages the Engineer who manages the Analyst and may over see their tasks as well and the Director answers to the Owners/ Board Members that assign them the task of implementing security at the least cost to overhead. My slant on my life at the moment LOL
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

<joke> i wanna work for AOL when i grow up!!!!! </joke>
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Too bad the Gov't isn't *Average* ...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

LOL NetSyn..we have the top 3 Webs AKA TV 3 Networks AOL, MSN, Yahoo (inbread like FOX) Outer Limints "We Control your Horzontal, We Control your Verticle, We can make and Image appear (Pop Window) or make it disapear to a Dot Gif...we control blah blah..AOL please view our one hour pop up intermission for our ad $ we need it pleasure..me ah well Intermission = food lets all go to the snack bar
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

information security analyst....what would a decent resume have to have on it like education and experience wise?????
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

<completely off topic> Aphex Twin: Aphex Twin is like one of the coolest bands in the whole world. Just thought I'd point that out. </completely off topic>