Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Submit Button

This was my original post that didn't show up. One of those strange "1970" things..

It seems that when ever I go to quote a post or post a new thread I lose all of the submit/ spellcheck buttons. All of them actually! I had to use Netscape's piece of crap browser to start this thread. The only way I can reply to a thread is using the quick submit feature at the bottom of the page.

OS- RedHat7.1
    Browser's- Opera 6.01, Mozilla and obviously Konqueror

I was aware that Konqueror didn't support all the features here @ AO but Opera always has until today.

Hmmm... there's an "IE Only" warning right in the middle of the big "post reply" page... so, to some extent, sounds like a "known problem." Guessing that's probably more like "the following functions aren't supported by IE" - since I know Mozilla (specifcally Galeon) seems to be ok.

Seem to remember a lot of folks posting errors with Nutscrape 4.7x lately, though.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

I just assumed the IE Only warning was for the AntiOnline's Gradient Text Maker.

I don't use Opera (unfortunately - can't stand banner ads, hate trying to navigate their (admitedly old) site, etc) but, is there any where you can have it give detailed lists of JavaScript errors on pages?

Unfortunately, this whole site depending on javascript is a rather bad thing...
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

ok snake_byte
    lmao

Snake_Byte...will you **** off.

draziw- I'm pretty sure it's a java error. There's no detailed report though. Just an obvious lack of buttons! Thanks for your help.

It looks like this site is being aimed at Windows users who run IE6. Oh well....it's JP's site and I suppose he can do whatever the hell he likes....It still wont force me to run IE!

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    Snake_Byte...will you **** off.
    I'll second that motion...

draziw- I'm pretty sure it's a java error. There's no detailed report though. Just an obvious lack of buttons! Thanks for your help.

It looks like this site is being aimed at Windows users who run IE6. Oh well....it's JP's site and
    I suppose he can do whatever the hell he likes....It still wont force me to run IE!
    *forgets which browser has JScript debugging built-in* (probably fscking IE!!! *grrr*)

But, you're a good man... funny - I actually loaded IE on my SOLARIS box a while back... after post NutScrape 4.7x browsers started to really have serious problems on later versions of Slowaris. Funny - it actually seemed to work fairly well... I don't even want to think of the can of worms I could have opened up on my UN*X machine, though, using the thing...

Funny... I know a couple of Mac die-hards using IE these days... kind of fun to laugh in their face -- "Oh yeah - Mr. Anti-PC. See what you're hypocritical a** is doing now!"

I'll have to see if I can help find some other useful information on this, myself... in my copious spare time, of course. grrr... if there were only about 40 hours in the day.

Conf1rm3d_K1ll dude you need to loosen up a little i was just messing around OMG! Chill out!