Thread: The Rainbow Books!!! duh duh duh....

The Rainbow Books!!! duh duh duh....

So yeah what's the deal with rainbow books anyways everyone always speaks of them with high reference. I've looked through the lot of them sorta and they are really really technical and uninteresting, has anyone else found this to be true?

-xposed

I agree the rainbow books are old outdated and lame perfect representation of government literature.

so who says their a big deal?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    To many people have seen the movie hackers and don't even know what the rainbow books actually are.....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Computer Forensics
    the rainbow books were written as a reference and guideline to networks and network security for government installations that had sensitive and non-sensitive materials within. The methods are pretty much out-dated, as these are the de-classified books.....but they are still interesting to read...if you are bored or want to go to sleep.......
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Hey, the orange book is still interesing. It has the critera for trusted systems. I believe that Irix is the only operating system to get the highest C rating out of the box. NT tried to claim it, but when it was actually tested, it only had a B rating....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

---------------
    To many people have seen the movie hackers
    ---------------
    your right souleman, guess may its time they were told:

The movie hackers came out in 1995 (written before that) when these books still had some revelance. nothing is like it was in 95, that hacker sceen is history.

Their still good reading just not very relevant for today.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I just love how hackers called the Peter Norton books one of the "Rainbow Books" That and the BSD Kernal internals book. I just want to know why "The Magic Garden Explained" wasn't on the list....

If you don't know what I am talking about, it's a book about System V internals.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman