Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: email interception

Gosh...

For argument's sake, let's say this is legit...

If you are responsible for the integrity of your company's LAN (hmm), then what you don't need is a "utility" that with break into your email server. What you DO need is to look at your logs and see who has connected, from where, and when. You (being the system administrator if that's the case) do keep logs, don't you?

What type of server are you running? Mayhaps I can help you track down this "hacker." No really! If someone is doing something illegal on your server, I'd like to help you catch him and have him carted off. That way, we'll both be happy.

If your company's email is not serviced from your own server but instead by means of a commercial service, then you can inquire this information from the provider of that service. (They have system administrators that know how to do their job and I'm quite sure that they keep logs, too). Once you get that information, call the local police department. It's that simple.

Oh yeah... If you are not responsible for your company's LAN, then I suggest that you contact the system administrator of your company's LAN. I'm sure that he would know how to do his job as well (and yes... I'm pretty sure that he keeps logs, too). You may not want to tell him about your inquiries here at AO, though. I don't think that would go over too well. Then again... Maybe you should?

Hope that helps... I hope you catch that really, really lame "hacker ."

Rev
    Many will ask, \"Where do you want to go today?\" because they\'re still scratching for ideas.

With *NIX, there\'s already a way. The sum of us just need roadmaps to get there.

10x Jazz so do I