Thread: Quality Book Houses

Quality Book Houses

Hi All,

I have very good luck purchasing Technical books from O'Reilly publishing (http://ora.com). I have yet to get a book from them that does give me what I need. I have had mixed results with Teach Yourself X in 21 days. What publishing houses have you all been happy with?

Thanks,

-D

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    O'Reilley makes the BEST books out there. They can get a little technical sometimes, but they are the gods of tech books.

New Riders makes some pretty good books also. So does Corroleris (can't remember the spelling). They make cert prep books and the books are always red. Might make it easier to find them.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i believe you are talking about coriolis souleman. yes, they are very good, and sybex is not too bad in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

I find that the Bible series are pretty good. But I don't go purely by one publisher. I read through several books on the subject, and pick the one, that makes the most sense to me. Plus I am a visual learner; and a lot of books don't show you code (that I can comprehend). So I MUST go through several books, before deciding on which one to buy.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]