Has anybody ever tried something like this?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody ever tried something like this?

Arrow Has anybody ever tried something like this?

Hi Everyone I got this in my e-mail today... (the thing attatched to this post)

It is like a system for earning absolutely loads of money ($millions in a few months) for just the cost of applying to the thing - $25. Has anyone ever signed on to a system like this and do they really work?

I'd like to know as they sound too good to be true
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

TechieChick
    Typically anything that sounds to good to be true usually is. The only people making money on this scheme are the ones collecting your $25.00

Just my opinion...

TC

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Send me $25 and I will tell you the secret to making lots of money on the internet.

Ok, I will tell you the secret without the $25, but you gotta make sure not to tell anyone else.... All you have to do is convince people to send you $25 to learn the secret to making money on the internet. Lots of shmucks will do it, and you will be loaded...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

(cough) Scam (cough)
    DjM

Those types of scam are old news. I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

ccKid

Auto-Banned
    That was the lamest scam ever. nice try

yeah, i thought so too, i wasn't going to do it, just seems they must make some money from it otherwise they wouldn't bother. Could it be breaking the law to collect money, and then not give anything back, or I suppose they might just be sending people a crappy guide on how to become an affiliate or something.

Does not really sound feasible.
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Banned
    i didn't know chain letters were still around. Actually, they are illegal to my understanding because all it is is a pyramid scheme.

Post heh

I've gotten a few of those scam emails as well. I usally just block the addresses so they don't keep coming.
    [shadow] The Reflection Of A Pool Does Not Reveal Its Depth[/shadow] [blur]-Anonymous[/blur]

Erm, doing a little basic math would help prove to yourself that it's a scam. If a bunch of people put 25 dollars into a pot, the most they could get out (if they were sharing evenly) is 25 dollars. Anything higher and it's either being sustained by growth alone (people sending in their 25 before getting anything back) or some people are getting more than others.

It doesn't mater though, since this is a more direct scam I think that's just sending money to some dude's 5 aliases.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.