Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill Thread Button?

AntiOnline Newbie
    Whatever it takes at this point, I'd kinda like to see some of the forums be a little more "self-policing", and take a little burden off of those who have "the power" to close threads.

We have too many threads that are started by this new influx of "yahoos" (alright who left the gate open?) that receive 10-20 flames rather quickly. I think it would be nice to have a way for senior members with a certain number of APs, who normally represent some of the more trusted members of AO (though I do agree with you {p2p} - there could be some abuse), to be able to kill a thread completely and waste a lot less server space.

Sure for some (KorpDeath ) it will take away the fun of roasting some kiddie asking how to hack his/her significant other's email account, but will clean up AO in the long run...

Id have to say that the # of antipoints have to add up, such as a group of members who anti points equal above 20,000 to shut it down
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Originally posted here by NetSyn
    Id have to say that the # of antipoints have to add up, such as a group of members who anti points equal above 20,000 to shut it down
    Now that sounds like a good idea...

just my Euro 0,02
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

at first it sound's good, but it would probably become a tool for flame thread's...... or "Kill-Tread-War" and it would make ppl simply kill a thread, of high or low wrelevance simply because they didn't like the Author....

Good idea, you'r just too far ahead of society......lol
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

AntiOnline Newbie
    Good idea, you'r just too far ahead of society......lol
    - Noia

And all this time I thought I was behind the 8-Ball... 'least thats what they tell me!

Well, we should of course have a link "Who voted for killing this thread?".
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Just so you guys know, there IS a little purple "report" button for each post (Just before the "quote" purple button.)

And if you click that, you can basically flag the post for a moderator to come by and take a look at it. Try it sometime, they are REALLY underused, so sayeth-the-neggy.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings All:

Great idea, but it really isn't neccessary now that we have our, drumroll please:

!!!SUICIDAL THREADS!!!
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231102