Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Probability of "God's" Existence...

I don't belive in god.....my reason's are many, but to make a VERY long reason short:
    * Why would got watch his people loose faith, If the faith in a god is lost, and he/she is forgoten, he/she wil die!
    * Why would he make us in his image, compared to the rest of nature, Human's are weak, Deaf, Sensless and Defenceless. (Think about it)
    ETC ETC ETC.....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Banned
    "Why would he make us in his image, compared to the rest of nature, Human's are weak, Deaf, Sensless and Defenceless. (Think about it)"

yes, think about it, weare the only species to cause mas extinctions yet we are defenseless, between the US and russia alone there were enuf nukes to kill every living thing on the face of the earth 4 times over, yet were still defeseless, go take a walk in the woods by your house some time and see if everything bigenuf to be considered prey to you dosnt go and hide, animals are by no means highly inteligent but they certinly know when to call it a day and admit that there inferior

I do believe in GOD but i agree that a lot of institutions have use that power to opressed the ppl.
    but to me i cant believe this just happen because a few coincidences is like trying to create a program by typing a lot of orders with oput sense and waiting to just to a little click and bump you have a program

sorry for my bad english

I to belive in god, but consider:

Back when the Greeks ruled, they worshiped their Gods, and it was a seriouse thing to them, now, to us, it seems silly. They used gods for things that they couln't explain, lightning, rain, ect. Perhaps in a thousand or two thousand years for now, our God's are looked apon as being rediculouse, and just ways to cope with things we couldn't explain (100%) IE- Origan of man, what happens after death ect.ect.
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

Thumbs up

Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.
    And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?
    For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.
    (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)
    Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
    For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
    Acts ch. 17 v. 18-23

The only thing missing from this conversation is a little bit of reefer
    Ah, for the days of my youth! At the end of the day, it was our habit to
    gather at the place we called "The Sunset Spot".
    It was high on a hill, overlooking the busy world below.
    The world we would soon have to enter, get jobs, have kids...

There was plenty of time for philosophy in those days (and a
    little bit of reefer)

But I am daydreaming.
    Yes, there is a god. He hasn't asked my advice whether I
    will permit him to exist or not.
    Yes, Muhammad wrote the Koran, just as Moses wrote Genesis
    and John wrote Revelation.
    And last but not least, all of these books are accessible to
    us to examine and study, unless you live in (ahem) certain countries...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Spirtuality vs Religion

I am a spiritual person, I can tell a difference in how I feel based upon my actions in life. Wether this equates to god I am unsure but I can tell you man made religion and thus it is corrupt, biased, and flawed go with your soul and you can't go wrong

Aeros_Saga. What if you sold your soul for a dollar when you were drunk at a patry. Hypothetically of course

mmm i dont know i mean doesnt it make u feel somewhat secure that someone is watching out for u even if noone but ur self really is

i dont really like the religion thing , christain calthlic muslim ....whatever

but i know that if im having just the worst day at least someone understands and the whole good vs evil thing somewhat plays out in the end

what i have never been able to understand is this ..... if you believe in god u believe in satan right.... what about ppl who worship the devil why dont they believe in god , they say i dont believe in the higher power .... satan has higher power ubelieve in him yet u sya u dont believe in god who also has higher power ( to some ppl)

personally i wear a small cross but i dont go to church alot of ppl flame for that and say how can u wear that but not go , but i just dont buy the whole religion thing

i think of god more like a security blanket

- jan

I dont know why people post religious stuff on here. I myself have a 'belief' which some will critisize and others will agree on. The truth is is that ramblings on of what you believe will not change a person but proof through actions, life style, the power of God or 'god' (however you see him/her (so many variations of 'truth')), etc... I guess some posts could sway the concepts of some people but the conversion of one person from this post or any other are as probible as that ratio you gave. There is a time and place for everything and I believe this is not the place for it... the chat rooms maybe but the forumns... no, not unless he makes a 'religious' forumn. That is how I feel and that is what I know. I am not here to make a 'standard' but truely, this is not the place or the time for it. Placing posts like this should be at places like... www.idontbelieveinbuddah.com or www.religionsaroundtheworld.com etc... (probably not real sites)

WEll i'm a christian and there are organizations that take advantage of the mind of ppl