Hackers - a sex symbol for the information age?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackers - a sex symbol for the information age?

Is this a true statement ? Do I have to change from a stupid admin to a l33t hax0r just to get womans interested, lol.

Judge for yourself

Source: NewOrder

I am convinced that women love hackers, and I have backing from Darwin`s theory that women prefer the strongest and the most able. In the past, it was about killing a bear with one swipe from a tomahawk and bringing bear skulls to the woman at Sunday dinner and hanging animal hides on the wall of the caves, nowadays such things are becoming less and less important. The onset of the information revolution brings us three clearly separate paths of evolution for homo sapiens:

Read more about: The Hackers, Common Computer (L)users and Losers
    here.

erm...i think i can say it all in one word:
    no.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Antionline Herpetologist
    lol.
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Is that a canoe in your cranial cavity or are you just pleased to see me?...

It sure would be nice - prospective mates could log onto AO to check their intendeds' AntiPoint status prior to the first date. Script Kiddies would be sad, lonley induhviduals (no change there then!). Writing open source would make you more attractive than Brad Pitt. Senior AO members would be beating the admirers off with a big stick. JP would have to take 'big black security dudes'(TM) with him where ever he went just to collect the underwear. Eric S. Raymond would be voted world president and we'd all live happily ever after!

Can't see it in my life time however (or Mr. Raymond's for that matter) Maybe when we evolve castors ('cos you just know /that's/ gonna happen )
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

I think someone is very eager to justify the hours spent in front of one of these screens
    If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -

Albert Einstein

hmmmmmm...

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    You should here the way women talk in IRC. They find haxors thexy....

Have you ever seen the womed with Mudge from @stake...used to be l0pht? Looks like haker are sex symbols. Either that, or they like the fact that he's loaded...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    interesting.........in every person who's obsessed with computers dreams..........but such pleasant dreams.........lol

GreekGoddess
    I am convinced that women love hackers, and I have backing from Darwin`s theory that women prefer the strongest and the most able. In the past, it was about killing a bear with one swipe from a tomahawk and bringing bear skulls to the woman at Sunday dinner and hanging animal hides on the wall of the caves
    So the woman, of course, selects the type which has evolved to be the strongest - the hacker with the potential to become ruler of the world. Women love men who know how to listen. The intellectual and nutritional value of what a man tries to tell a woman has no influence on her. A woman feels best when she can just ramble on and a man only listens. And tell me please, who has the greatest ability to follow the computer screen for hours on end without uttering a single word? The hackers! Thus, the hacker is the ideal partner for a woman. That is why women love men locked inside next to the computer 24 hours a day.
    Girls, please realize how romantic it is to sit in a dark room lit by the soft glow of a 17 SVGA monitor - this is the peak as far as romantic atmospheres go (candles belong to the era of bear hunts).
    OMG.....no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

...just another one wanting women in a ridiculous place. Tsk. Maybe his (her?!) brains must be formatted, hehe.