Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I dont use XP

OMG and one time I sat at 20 computers running versions of linux and I was able to crash them before they even loaded. Also if your deciding you don't like XP because of a stupid dog that pops up, AND then you can't turn it off you a damn fool. XP pro is a better version. And it does beat all your stupid LINUX **** becuase XP is based on NTFS. ohh one thing also read system requirements. It should say at least a P2 . XP was made for faster machines. Linux even strugles at the same speed and I have a ****ing P4 1500 ghz. Linux does suck. Windows XP is way better then LINUX. If you really believe Linux has a future just another follower that is trying to be cool. You think just because you run Linux your the ****. HAHAA I know sounds silly. BUT it's true. Linux sucks ass.

Originally posted here by Info_Au
    Thought it was impossible to use Add/Remove to get rid of Media Player and I.E all the way back to Win98se??
    Those 2 are not listed in my WinMe list!!
    They're listed for me. Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.
    -Alpha-

XP Sucks?
    I started my computer once, and XP loaded very slowly I couldnt even able to solve the problem. The screen refresh rate was 1 minute or so. I restarted XP on safe mode, choosed the restore option and wallah! I choosed to restore the computer for 2 days ago, and in 5 minutes I fixed the problem.

As far as I know, u have to be real good to fix something like this under linux, and when I had linux, it took me a while to solve problems if I was ever able to solve them at all.

im not saying XP>linux, but it has its advantages.

[shadow]Well, Windows XP is designed for faster CPUs. My computer is a 1.8 GHz, and Win XP has been working fine for me. The only time that assistant pops up is in Word, Excel, and programs like that. Having used Windows programs all my life (what can I say? I'm only 13), I have never had much of a problem with it, even after bogging it down with so much of my own crap . I've managed to fix most problems I've had with Windows, and it rarely crashes on me.
    ~There\'s no such thing as the real world, just a lie you got to rise above.

Originally posted here by freeOn
    OMG and one time I sat at 20 computers running versions of linux and I was able to crash them before they even loaded. Also if your deciding you don't like XP because of a stupid dog that pops up, AND then you can't turn it off you a damn fool. XP pro is a better version. And it does beat all your stupid LINUX **** becuase XP is based on NTFS. ohh one thing also read system requirements. It should say at least a P2 . XP was made for faster machines. Linux even strugles at the same speed and I have a ****ing P4 1500 ghz. Linux does suck. Windows XP is way better then LINUX. If you really believe Linux has a future just another follower that is trying to be cool. You think just because you run Linux your the ****. HAHAA I know sounds silly. BUT it's true. Linux sucks ass.
    Calm Down. The dog was only one reason I didnt like it. The other was the fact that even though its "MY" system, I dont have control over it and that Microsoft has more control than me. Xp was made for faster machines, but when my 1.8 ghz P4 with xp, chugs along at the same speed as my 433mhz celeron with linux, I have to say it doesnt make me happy. I dont mind you bashing linux, but back it up with fact.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

bah this thread sucks! Why they hell did you start it?

Computer Forensics
    ok kidiots...

XP is not based on NTFS.....are you that stupid to not realize that ntfs has been around since NT ? and that NT runs optimally under NTFS ?
    This is not a windows/linux war so don't even attempt to make it into one. You will lose.
    Just because it actually takes some knowledge of how a computer works to run linux effectively, don't blame it on the OS.
    my take on XP...its great for retarded users...those that use aol, old people, technically challenged etc etc........ it sucks for those of us who know what we are doing with an operating system, and know what we want to do with it.
    win2k is better than xp will ever be, XP is 1.5 gb of install just waiting to **** up on you and take your data with it. I have run every M$ os and this is by far the worst one released...(right up there with ME).
    anyways......*FART*
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Don't make me stick a plug up there hogfly

Im very happy with Windows XP Professional since I bought last winter.
    It never crashed on my 1GHz Athlon with 256 MB RAM.

I read that Microsoft will release ServicePack 1 this summer,
    after installing it you should be able to remove middleware software like
    Internet Explorer, Media Player etc.

Sorry, I couldnt find an releated link to this in English language
    monoton

Computer Forensics
    SP1...SP2 will follow after the next 30 vulns in XP...in a month or so......bleh
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust