Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I dont use XP

18 months and it crashed twice is not an impressive stat. I prefer NEVER crashing. I guess it is impressive for MS though, but *nix wins hands down on stability.
    Well, *NIX is also Impossible to use in many cases, I like XP simply coz it's stabilt, it's simple and direct....I undrstand you hating the dog....but you can get rid of him....REALLY!
    I set my style back to Classic, coz the Blue colour's and big button's anoy me, but overall, I am plezed with XP prof........even come's with built in Tarpit

- Noia
    PS: *NIX is probably better in stability, but I'v heard it's hard to handel.....and Ugly...... I wouldn't know though....
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

www.****microsoft.com

They have a link to the article (forget the link) that shows a piece of M$ code being 2000% bloated. Designed for faster CPU's is one way to put it... :\
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

Computer Forensics
    ok ok I am done after this......I couldn't help it though
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Originally posted here by ThePreacher

18 months and it crashed twice is not an impressive stat. I prefer NEVER crashing. I guess it is impressive for MS though, but *nix wins hands down on stability.
    I run 2k advanced server (like everyone else now it seems) and I've only ever crashed it using third party software. Even then I can usually remove the offending software without downing the system, the only thing that seems to be able to consistently **** it up is the warcraft 3 beta. My Redhat box will never crash unless I'm using X, in which case it becomes less stable than 98.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Originally posted here by freeOn
    OMG and one time I sat at 20 computers running versions of linux and I was able to crash them before they even loaded. Also if your deciding you don't like XP because of a stupid dog that pops up, AND then you can't turn it off you a damn fool. XP pro is a better version. And it does beat all your stupid LINUX **** becuase XP is based on NTFS. ohh one thing also read system requirements. It should say at least a P2 . XP was made for faster machines. Linux even strugles at the same speed and I have a ****ing P4 1500 ghz. Linux does suck. Windows XP is way better then LINUX. If you really believe Linux has a future just another follower that is trying to be cool. You think just because you run Linux your the ****. HAHAA I know sounds silly. BUT it's true. Linux sucks ass.
    NO ****IN Way linux rulez but XP DOES TO!!!! linux is freaking stable and xp is nice and has lot's of options, just like redhat 7.2 has
    http://timon.reallysucks.com/signat.gif

[blur]I am the T-Monkey [/blur]

I dual boot XP with Linux Mandrake 8.0. I have turned off most of XP's attached bells and whistles using tweak XP or XP powertoys. Mandrake has froze on me twice in 6 months and XP once. The only problem I have encountered using XP is that I can't play quite a lot of older games, rollercoaster tycoon etc, which is not a major problem.

Any further thoughts or flames ?

Old Fart
    Despite its shortcomings, XP is a hell of a lot more stable than its predecessors, with the possible exception of win2k. As we all know, there is no such thing as a perfect OS.

Old Fart

hey wurzel

Try x-setup for WinXP....VERY versatile tweaker for XP...LOADS of features!!!

I agree what W2K is far better then XP, what is with the cartoon Icons and childish interface? Well Bill is head software arch, and well it shows in the interface, like someone watched Buzzlight Year one to many times. I know the holes in W2k in XP well lest say the surface is only being scratched. As for the Dog, hey they retired Clippy the anoying paperclip assistant in Office XP to much fanefar that now one noticed. Should be able to right click the pesky critter go to options and uncheck the Help Assistant. Office XP sucks as much as XP damn program thinks it is the Only program that uses a mouse, had major problems in Autocad and the center button functions. You are correct in the fact that it is your computer but you clicked the OK button and in the software license agreement all your rights as a consumer were taken away as well and MS has the right to use your system in short You Agreeded.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

kde and gnome have come a long way, but windows still does a better job of making a gui. the basic os, linux wins hands down its amazing.

nothing as yet touchs ms-office, but for inter-networking give me linux.

the only time i use 'startx' is when i want to browse the internet, lynx is a pain in the ass. anything else its midnight commander. rarsoft has an a mc type program for win called FAR, its pretty cool, a dude i work with keeps his spare time occupied writing pulg-ins for it.

thats my opinion anyway
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”