Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: getting IP

Originally posted here by Sick Dwarf
    You can make a direct connection with MSN users by letting them download something from you. While the download is in progress, you'll have a direct connection.
    You DON'T have a direct connection, in MSN evrything goes thrue the MSN server ! !

With MSN you can't get the other person's IP
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

can't u just ask them? well u can always netstat -n but i dunno bout Yahoo and MSN.. haven't used them...

If you need the person's IP address, just ask them for it. Besides, what do you need it for? Sorry, but to me it sounds like you wish to have their IP adress for malicous purposes but I may be wrong. Eitherway, it doesn't seem to me like you really need it anyways.

Nice Tutorial freeOn

search google for a yahoo ip sniffer, is my answer (isn't "google it!" always the answer these days?)

however, i'm not sure that there ARE any ip sniffers for yahoo, they'd have to sniff past all the proxies. I know there are sniffers for AIM and ICQ.

i'm assuming you're not going to use their ip for malicious stuff.

What's all this "if you want there IP just ask for it" stuff? Obviously hollow_man wants to know how someone obtains an IP by herself/himself. I don't see anything illegal or really malicious about it. And I'm sure most people here wouldn't ask someone for an IP anyway. It's not like he is asking "how do I **** someone up?".

hollow_man, you should probably check the tutorial forums out. FreeOn's tutorial that he posted about is an excellant start.

btw thats like my first ever tutorial (i think) so take it easy on me
    twas quite a while ago - lol

v_Ln

To clear this up, from experience, just checked with another MSN user to find out for sure -
    if they send you a file, and you accept, netstat will show you the IP address of a user that is sending you a file.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Ok, I know a way for finding the IP through Yahoo messenger but I'm sure it will work on MSN too.
    All you should do is that send your IP address to your chat partner like this : http:// www.your_IP_here.com, and before doing that download a firewall like "attacker" (attacker can listen to specific ports and will alarm when detects a connection.)
    So when the other side click on the link, it will try to connect to your pc on port 80 and the your firewall will alarm and show you the victims IP address. Or instead of using firewalls you can do netsat -n command periodically to see which IP is connecting you through port 80.

Tips:
    I would recommend you sign up for a little URL Redirect thing from like cc.st or cjb.net and use http://your-ip-here as the Link and make the URL Cloked, it is a lot easyer because the person will think that it is a web site, and they will click the Link.

And also it is better to send your IP using scocial engineering.

And also it is better to not do that with a hacker.